Lash FX not patch testing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I ask where did you do your training? X

I did 1-2-1 training with a wonderful lady. Great tutor. She came to my house. Which was perfect as I have a little 2 year old and couldn't really travel too far.
If you visit BeautyTrix you will be able to find their training etc. And i'm sure if you email them they will get you in contact with the trainer that covers your area. And then you go from there :)

It seems my point has been better explained by other geeks.

I was trying to say that if you patch test when not trained 'how to patch test' will you be covered by your insurance? I was not saying you shouldn't patch test but are you actually covered to do it.

If you are not trained to patch test but then change to a product that requires patch testing are you being told HOW to patch test? If so who by? Are you now covered by insurance to patch test or should you get trained (or at least shown by a qualified tech who was trained in patch testing) before your covered by insurance?

I actually will patch test and I'd do that by applying a few lashes to each eye.
I have not had anyone react yet as I am still practicing & building up speed and have not had many models yet (trained ages ago decided not to do lashes as I found them fiddely and then thought about trying them again in Sept last year).

So I would/will patch test all clients by applying a few to each eye and I will be covered to do this as I was trained to do so. I was also told that should there be a reaction I need to apply a dab of each solution used for my prep on to a different area of the clients skin (not the glue though) and then to see if there is a reaction to any of those products. If no reaction then use those products on the eye area (without the glue again) and see if any reaction occurs. If no reaction then change the glue to a sensitive one (unless you already used a sesnitive one) and apply all prep products (that you now know are not causing the reaction) and apply a few lashes with a sensitive glue.

Hopefully by using a sensitive glue the client will not react but if she does then you have to decide if you are willing to spend out on different glues (could quite an expensive thing to do) to see if you can find one she is not alergic to or are you going to advise her against getting them done as she is alergic to your products.

I completly agree with wat your saying there seems no right or wrong answer we're dammed if we do and dammed if we don't!

I would always patch test my whole reason for posting is I just find it so shocking that companies say not to when there another debate going on that for tinting we should be patch testing for every treatment.

I think it's come to a point where soon we're going to have to patch test for everything facials products, make up etc.

The problem you brought up about not knowing if a course will teach patch testing is a valid one.

If you are on a course and find they are advising not to patch test when you feel you may need/want to then I would ask them to explain how they would patch test if they had to (and insist on an explanation of how to do it). That way your going to get told how to patch test (possibly shown how too) on the course even if it's not required by that brand.

Last edited:
Maybe you need to contact Lash FX to clarify because as I said, I trained with Lash Perfect who also own Lash FX and I found their training exellent and wouldn't hesitate in recommending them.

But as I said initially they said patch testing wasn't necessary and then abount a year later went on to request that all new clients were patch tested so maybe this technician you saw had not followed their new instructions?

H x

Just out of interest, when they later said that all new clients needed to be patch tested. Did they offer you additional training to show you how to do this?

No but they clearly laid our in their email and letter how they wanted you to do this and did advise anyone who was unsure to get in touch with them.

To be honest, I had been lashing for a good few months by and understood easily what needed to be done.

H x

My friend who done my lashes had only recently trained so it wasn't a mistake on her part or anything.
I spoke to the trainer and they say as a company lash fx say no need to patch test as product doesn't touch the skin but you are shown how to on the course and she advises to so that your covered. Xxx

My insurers say they cover me for however and whatever my trainer trained me to do. But if you change brands, then you would have to look into their requirement to keep compliant. In my cautious opinion, when I start doing lashes again, I will be applying two lashes to each eye and also a patch test for the glue and remover behind the ear

Latest posts

Back