Lash glue 'gone off'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jigglyb4ll

Reaction score
I'm so sad, I only bought me glue 4 months ago and it's gone off already.
EVERY SINGLE client from last week has messaged me to say their lashes are falling out super quick and feel oily/sticky/gloopy :(
I'm gutted. The shelf life on it says 9 months, I expected to change at 6 months as quality changes then but this has really knocked me waaah!!!

I have ordered new glue and contacted my supplier but heard nothing back, and when my glue arrives will have a mad week of squeezing in all these clients for a full new set which I won't be able to charge for :(

Sorry this was more a rant than a question :( :(

How do you all store your glue?
Is there a way to help it last longer?

- feeling sad xx

Where do you normally purchase your adheisve from?

I use flirties glue x

I've found that, regardless of the shelf life stated on the bottle, all glues tend to deteriorate after about 3 months.

I know that doesn't help you much but for future reference you may want to start a new bottle after this time.

I'm not sure why suppliers state the shelf life of 9 months. I can't imagine any glue being effective after this time

I definitely won't leave it so long this time, thanks elliebee.
- feeling gutted! X

I would actually prefer smaller bottles at a cheaper price that you could replace every month.

However, I think a lot of the price is in the packaging so that probably isn't going to happen.

I would actually prefer smaller bottles at a cheaper price that you could replace every month.

However, I think a lot of the price is in the packaging so that probably isn't going to happen.

This would be a good idea for someone like me aswell who is just starting and not lashing much.

Lets get contacting the relevant people lol!

I feel your pain this happened to me I was do annoyed. I had only done 3 ppl when I realised so wasnt to bad. Lashes aren't they quickest of treatments so even doing 3 sets free was a pain x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek

I lash quite alot and still found my flirties adhesive used to go off way before the end of the bottle.

I now use the smaller votives of Lash Perfect II and love them.

H x

Once opened the shelf life is 3 months.

One way to make it last longer if you're not lashing much is to buy some 5ml dropper bottles from eBay.

Decant some glue into the smaller bottle and use that.

It's the constant opening and closing of the large bottle that makes it go off.

The shelf life time of 9 months to a year is for an unopened bottle.

Once opened the shelf life is 3 months.

One way to make it last longer if you're not lashing much is to buy some 5ml dropper bottles from eBay.

Decant some glue into the smaller bottle and use that.

It's the constant opening and closing of the large bottle that makes it go off.

The shelf life time of 9 months to a year is for an unopened bottle.

No the 9 months is for once opened, it says so on the bottle hon.
But yes it definitely should say 3! X

Yes I totally agree about the smaller bottles, that would be much better.
Ah I could cry, what a nightmare :( least most of my clients are being understanding but some still have 2 weeks til their infills (most of my ladies are on 3 week cycles) and I can't fit them in sooner. Damn! Xx

Latest posts

Back