Lash length

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pamper&Polish

Reaction score
Hi
I have been doing lashes for well over 12 months now and when I went to do a spray tan on someone noticed they had lash extensions on so I asked her about them and she said she had used 15mm and 13mm in the inner corner.
Am I right in thinking you should only add a certain amount of length to the lashes depending on their natural length?
Sometimes when I try out the longer lashes they seem to drop to the side when trying to apply and can become twisted when I return for infills.
Any advice? xx

How long had she had them on for? Can't imagine that they would stay looking good for very long and I'd find them as annoying as hell !!

How long had she had them on for? Can't imagine that they would stay looking good for very long and I'd find them as annoying as hell !!

Thats what I thought they looked mega long...and she said she had to call her back for infills before 2 weeks as a lot had come out!

Can't imagine she will be able to keep that up long before her natural lashes start to strain. It's not something I would advise to my clients but then again, most of my clients like a more natural look.

Yeah mine too I use 7,8,9,10 and very rarely 12 x

On my course we got told to use no more than half the size again, I'm making this sound complicated lol. So if u put a lash against there natural lash and it's the same length u can use half that length again :/ hard to explained without showing haha x

Hi there,

It all depends on the condition of the client's natural lashes and the thickness of the extention. The general rule of thumb is:

100% lashes can hold .15mm
80% lashes can hold .20mm
20% lashes can hold .25mm

I encourage technicians to extend 50% length for 'natural enhancement' and 100% for 'glamorous enhancement'.

Hope that helps!
Francesca

I use 1/3 longer for majority of the lashes, 50% max. Will go longer on some lashes but would use a finer lash to compensate so as not to overload the lash.

Interesting to see how we all work differently. It's great to get opinions from other techs.

I'm starting to prefer fullness to longer length (and so do my clients)

I find they are lasting longer and don't look as untidy at infill time as the longer ones tend to go a bit "twisty" (technical lashing term) as they grow out and become top heavy. x

Last edited:
It could possibly be that the lashes are far too long, making it heavy for the natural lash to hold, causing the lashes to drop quicker and tangle once they grow out.

Latest posts

Back