Lash lift help, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinkyboots33

Reaction score
Done my first lash lift last night on my daughter but the lash is waay too lifted. The lash literally points horizontally straight up frm the root, looks very silly.

Anyone know what I could have done wrong?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Use larger shields x

Did you make sure you placed the shields right at the lash line rather than further away? I have never heard of this happening before with medium sized shields.

Did you make sure you placed the shields right at the lash line rather than further away? I have never heard of this happening before with medium sized shields.

I think I did :-/ I did try to. I sent a pic to my trainer and he said i might have put the lifting balm too far up but Im certain I never. he hasnt came back with any other explanation so I cant carry on doing treatments till i find out what the problem is, quite disappointing tbh.

Anyone else?
Could it just be shield placement then, no other reason...

My trainer is now saying the medium sized shield might have been too small but my client had pretty short lashes :-/ so it surely couldn't be that.

Am I better placing the shield in the forward position? I do it frm behind but maybe the shield isn't in the proper place.

I place mine from behind so that shouldn't be a problem. I just can't think of anything else it could be. I don't think it can be the placement of the lotion as you place this at the root anyway and over the shield, if you only placed it on the lashes on the shield the roots wouldn't take and therefore the lashes would not be lifted they would stick out rather than up.

It's a bit of a mystery!:confused:

Still not very sure, been on the phone to nouveau and the last suggested a bigger shield also but the lashes were short to medium. Do you normally have to trim the shield? I was taught to trim frm the inner corner but the lady said she trims frm the outer but doesn't need to be done very often. I had a lvl treatment on a regular nail client but had to cancel as I can't fix where I'm going wrong if I don't know :-(

Are all her lashes to lifted or is it just in a certain area? Is it the same on both eyes?

Yeah, all are too lifted, a couple at the outer corners looks like they are bending back on themselves.

I have pics of the pads on and the end result but dont know how to upload on here? Could I fb or text you the pics...

If you open advanced options you can add pictures from your phone like that !

Would like to see them . Just about to do a lash lift course myself ! Xx

I would wait to show photo until 48hrs later, as when she washes them for the first time, they would off calmed down. Nothing to worry about! They can appear to be to straight at first due to the fixing lotion and glue, but they will look natural and softer when washed for the first time. xoxo

It sounds to me like the pads too far up eyelid? Just a thought. Do a couple of models to get your mojo back, it's a great treatment x

Oh jings, can't even find advance option on my phone :-/

I would wait to show photo until 48hrs later, as when she washes them for the first time, they would off calmed down. Nothing to worry about! They can appear to be to straight at first due to the fixing lotion and glue, but they will look natural and softer when washed for the first time. xoxo

No, I don't think thats the case as they were done on sunday.. :-/

It sounds to me like the pads too far up eyelid? Just a thought. Do a couple of models to get your mojo back, it's a great treatment x

I thought that too but now I'm being told frm my trainer that I had them too far down the lid. Getting really pee'd off now as I can't fix something if I don't know where I'm going wrong! Aarrgghh....

Sorry to jump on your post OP but I didn't want to start a whole new thread for one question.

I have done quite a few lifts and have had really good results but the last two I have done really haven't been as effective as I'd have hoped. The most recent one, this morning, I do think I should have used a medium shield instead of a large and I have actually invited the girl back in to have it re-done if she decides she does want more curl but my question is could it be that my solution has gone out of date? I use SS bottles and can't seem to find a date anywhere, I think I've had it just short of 6 months?

Zooks

I thought that too but now I'm being told frm my trainer that I had them too far down the lid. Getting really pee'd off now as I can't fix something if I don't know where I'm going wrong! Aarrgghh....

It might be an idea to get a couple of models in so you can see where you may have gone wrong? If they arent paying you wont have the stress?? At least that way you will either A find out where you went wrong or B get your confidence back :)

Zooks, I find the bottles go off really quickly once opened and buy individual sachets instead, they're perfect as they contain enough for one client and they always stay fresh! I buy mine from lashbase x

Latest posts

Back