Lash Revolution pro glue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i used it for the first time and it was a success, hardly any fumes (me or the client couldnt smell them). Very impressed :D xx

Oooh I'm excited! Fellow lash geeks can you advise me: I've been using flirties expert speed and strength for about 18 months and I love it! However after returning work after maternity leave I seem to have become sensitive to it (whilst lashing clients - dry, tight throat, headache, eye ache and stuffy nose - horrible)! So have changed to the flirties sensitive and whilst lashes are lasting well and I'm not reacting to it, working with it is not as good as flirties expert and it's really slowing me down, boo!

With this in mind, is lash revolution pro glue worth a try for me? Is it fast setting like flirties expert? If it some peeps react to some fast setting glue and not others then surely there's a fast setting glue out there that I might be ok with it? I kinda thought if I reacted to one I'd react to the rest and this is what I was advised by distributor but now thinking this may not be the case?

Ok sorry for rambling but worried about the impact of this on my business, I'm 95% lashes! Thanks xxxxxxxxx

You won't know until you try.

But I will say that I was close to giving up lashing last year as my symptoms became so bad. (I was lashing with a respirator mask & goggles on)!

I was using Flirties and I now use Lash Revolution Pro+ glue. I am absolutely fine. No more safety gear either! LOL

Why not order a sample to at least see how you go. x

You won't know until you try.

But I will say that I was close to giving up lashing last year as my symptoms became so bad. (I was lashing with a respirator mask & goggles on)!

I was using Flirties and I now use Lash Revolution Pro+ glue. I am absolutely fine. No more safety gear either! LOL

Why not order a sample to at least see how you go. x

Thanks for your response elliebee! This is quite encouraging! I've been exactly the same with the flirties... thought perhaps I'd mistaken being poorly as an allergic reaction to the glue, so after a couple of weeks using the flirties odour and fume free I risked the expert flirties again, well last night I did an infill was not too bad, wore a mask (but no goggles lol! Have been considering it though!) and then tonight I thought I'd try again with it and 15 mins into a full sets I felt so ill I thought I was going to pass out! Horrible. So gutted.... also been reading on Lashbase website that the ingredient that usually causes an allergic reaction is in all lash glues (I know the name of it but cant spell it off the top of my head but I'm sure you know the ingredient I mean). So I'm feeling pretty disheartened has was going to try lashbase too.

Anyways, rambling on... I ordered some lash revolution pro glue and it's arrived so I'm going to give it a go.. scared it'll cause the same effect but your story is encouraging, fingers crossed it will suit me too!

Thanks so much lovely xxxx

You are right that all glues contain the same basic ingredient (cyanoacrylate). Even the low odour/sensitive glues contain it.

The chemical requires moisture to cure. This means that it draws moisture from where it can ie the atmosphere around, and moist areas of your body (inside the nose, eyes, throat etc. Lovely! LOL)

Once these areas become drier they become more sensitive. It's a catch 22. It is worth taking a break or use a mask consistently for a few weeks to give your nasal passages a chance to recover.

I also put my jade stone on a damp cosmetic sponge. I think this may help draw the fumes away. I'm not 100% sure but it's worth trying x

I have suffered terribly from what I thought was hayfever this year but I'm still suffering so I think its the glue.
I have found that a small air purifier in my room has really helped. I think the fact it puts moisture in the air had helped for the reasons ellibee said above.

It may not help others but if anybody wants to have a look I'll post a link xx

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...?qid=1379596787&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

Hope it works xx

Ok it didn't lol
Just search air purifier and it comes up top, think its about £18
Comes with fragrances but I chucked these! :)

Good advice EllieBee... horrible thought that it's sucking moisture from our orifices (oo-er)!! I trained with Novalash and they recommended having a humidifier (rather than a de-humidifier!) These I believe are very expensive though! However I was recommended as a cheaper (but less effective) alternative is simply to have a bowl of water in your treatment room and ideally next to a heat source (i.e. a radiator.. when it's on) to draw moisture into the atmosphere. The damp cosmetic sponge also sounds a good idea! I use a glue ring though... which I perhaps need to stop doing as glue is very close to my sinuses, pah!

I will let you know how I go with the lash revolution. Thanks again for your opinions and advice xxxx

I have suffered terribly from what I thought was hayfever this year but I'm still suffering so I think its the glue.
I have found that a small air purifier in my room has really helped. I think the fact it puts moisture in the air had helped for the reasons ellibee said above.

It may not help others but if anybody wants to have a look I'll post a link xx

Maxim Air Purifier and Ioniser with Colour Changing LED Light and 3 Free Fragrances:Amazon:Kitchen & Home

Hope it works xx

JigglyB4ll - Nice one!! I've just searched air purifier and gone onto Amazon - loving it!! So they're basically just a mini humidifier... and a fraction of the cost of the machines that come up when I search humidifier! Ah I am so chuffed, ordering one right now! Sounds like they could be useful for a number of allergies and ailments having read the reviews.

Thanks very much lovely geek! xxxx

So after patch testing a couple of clients at the weekend with the Pro+ sample I did an infill tonight.... and I had no reaction! Was really nice to work with, very impressed! I just hope it lasts well too. Just made an order for some.

Many thanks from a now very happy lasher xxxx

Latest posts

Back