Lashes and allergic reactions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxandpolish

Reaction score
Hi

I've been thinking of doing my lash training for a while and have recently had three sets applied myself. First set fine but second and third sets I came down with extreme hay fever type symptoms after six hours and symptoms lasted about five days! I didn't get any swelling of eyes just intense itching, bloodshot, streaming nose and cough/itchy throat. I won't be having them again myself but wondered if it's still possible to apply them to someone else and not react? Does anyone else here have an allergy to them but still manage to work?

It could be a reaction to the adhesive or any other products used during the treatment, but it could also be something unrelated to the lash extensions.
Have you had patch tests done before the sets were applied?
Was it the same products used in the three sets or has your therapist used a sensitive adhesive after the first reaction?

Hi

Yes I had a patch test which was fine as was my first set.

Second set I thought I just had a bad cold or hay fever. After it happened again on third set I realised it must be related - exactly six hours after lashes my nose starts streaming! Two boxes of tissues in an hour!

I obviously won't have them again but really wanted to train in them and have added them to my price lists which arrive today! Damn!

I think it's breathing the fumes that is the problem for me although I didn't notice it being fumey when I was having them done.

Just want to find out if anyone has found a way round this as a therapist.

Hi

Yes I had a patch test which was fine as was my first set.

Second set I thought I just had a bad cold or hay fever. After it happened again on third set I realised it must be related - exactly six hours after lashes my nose starts streaming! Two boxes of tissues in an hour!

I obviously won't have them again but really wanted to train in them and have added them to my price lists which arrive today! Damn!

I think it's breathing the fumes that is the problem for me although I didn't notice it being fumey when I was having them done.

Just want to find out if anyone has found a way round this as a therapist.

Do you know what adhesive the therapist has used, ie has she changed to a sensitive adhesive for the second set? if she hasn't then you could try that and see if you are ok with that? I would also recommend using a nanomister after the lashes are applied as that sets the lashes quicker and we have found that sensitive clients don't react if you use that so there might still be hope for you :O)

Thanks I will find out x

Latest posts

Back