Lashes clumping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaLF

Reaction score
The one thing I struggle with when doing lashes is them sticking together.
I isolate perfectly on the outer corner, attach the lash perfectly but then I don't know how long to keep the tweezers separating for the glue to dry, I wait a little bit then release and its fine and move to other eye and repeat, but I find that when I go back to the other eye and separate in the middle of the lashes I push the other lashes towards the previously glued one and then they have stuck together slightly. It doesn't happen with every lash but a few. I'm using a tiny amount of glue. Does anyone have any tips for this? Im using the LuxLash brand. I was previously using Hollywood Lash but thought the glue was terrible, so thick and sticky and never dried. This one seems to be better thinner and faster but still not fast enough. Am i moving too fast? Should I try one of the fast drying glues?

Hi Emma,

I do lashes, but wouldn't call myself a lash expert, so there will be far better people on here to give you advice, but here's mine... Are you working in sections, placing a lash in one section then moving onto another section so the last lash placed is left for longer without having it's neighbouring lashs pushed into when you isolate for the next. (Hope that makes sense).

My lashs used to clump sometimes and it was because I was working too closely together, now I work in sections it rarely happens. I do tend to prefer a quick set glue now too, so that also may be worth a try. Buy a quick set glue and practice a set on a friend, just in case you need to get your technique quicker to accommodate the new glue.

Anyway hope this helps, I'm sure some of the lash experts will chip in soon too xx

Hi any advice is appreciated regardless of expertise lol.
Yes I am but maybe not far enough?
I'm going to try to stay as far away as possible on my next set to see if that helps! Thank you birdbrain!

Don't be scared of trying a quick setting glue! It's sometimes the best thing! X

Latest posts

Back