Lashes not lasting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginahhrose

Reaction score
Hi, trained in lashes in March with Novoue and I've done loads since. I've changed glue to sky glue coz pro 5 wasn't setting quick enough and I was taking to long. I've halfed my timing with sky glue and they all look great, but just don't seem to be lasting like they should. Ime using the protein pads and there's no make up on, and clients are all following after care. Any one any a ideas as to why? Ime doing everything I was taught and I've watched videos on YouTube so can't understand what's happening xx

Hi, trained in lashes in March with Novoue and I've done loads since. I've changed glue to sky glue coz pro 5 wasn't setting quick enough and I was taking to long. I've halfed my timing with sky glue and they all look great, but just don't seem to be lasting like they should. Ime using the protein pads and there's no make up on, and clients are all following after care. Any one any a ideas as to why? Ime doing everything I was taught and I've watched videos on YouTube so can't understand what's happening xx

With sky glue you need to use a little more / the consistency is so thin that you need more on your extensions then take off the excess just before u apply.

Make sure you are applying the extensions straight onto the lash ( do not swipe) also do not play with the lash after, put it on and leave.

Make sure your room is well ventilated and cool, once sky starts to go glupey you must get a new glue ring etc.

It can take time to master how sky glue works but once u have figured if out it's pretty awesome and like u said it can half your lash time!

Thanks, so just use more glue and take of excess? It's your videos I've seen on YouTube so I'll have another look tonight xx

Yes that's correct

The slower drying glues can be be swiped on the side of the glue ring etc to take off excess.

If you do that with sky glue ( especially in the weather) it dries too quick and will not bond despite looking like it has.

It's taken me a while to learn how this glue reacts to different environments

Ohhhh I've been wiping on the side! Will it dry quicker in warm weather?? And longer in cold?? Xx

Don't wipe, get a fan and yes dries slower in cold

Thanks I'll buy a fan this weekend :)

Sorry to jump on this thread but wanted to ask you Lielash about the lashbase glue that u recommend in your YouTube video...should I be swiping the lash with this glue too? I have found it really quick drying, perhaps too quick if swiping the lash before dropping it on...should I be doing this or simply dipping & then placing on the lash? Thank you in advance! xx

Sorry to jump on this thread but wanted to ask you Lielash about the lashbase glue that u recommend in your YouTube video...should I be swiping the lash with this glue too? I have found it really quick drying, perhaps too quick if swiping the lash before dropping it on...should I be doing this or simply dipping & then placing on the lash? Thank you in advance! xx

With a good glue like extreme you should just be able to place

I watched a very informative tutorial on swiping lashes and how it leads to the base of the extension becoming separated because when swiping the glue starts to already dry where oxygen combines with it so we should not be swiping as taught and place only!

Have you tried nouveau pro 5+? it dries quicker than pro 5 and has great longevity. I tried sky glue and found a lot of my clients complained about the fumes

Have you tried nouveau pro 5+? it dries quicker than pro 5 and has great longevity. I tried sky glue and found a lot of my clients complained about the fumes

Hi, Do you need to have trained with Nouveau lashes to be able to get their glues? I'm certified ee tech of 5 years but I didn't train with Nouveau x

Hi, Do you need to have trained with Nouveau lashes to be able to get their glues? I'm certified ee tech of 5 years but I didn't train with Nouveau x

Hi, yes you need to have completed their training to buy their products. x

Latest posts

Back