Lateral nail folds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mally101

Reaction score
Hey ladies! Does anyone have any tips for performing services on clients with excessive raised fatty lateral nail folds?

Yep, hold 'em tight! ;)

Which service specifically? If you're applying L&P you may need to hold the skin away from the product for a few seconds longer to ensure it starts to cure before moving on.

With gel & gel polish you need to be super precise with your painting skills, close enough to look painted but not flood the skin.

Extra attention to cuticle work and debris removal down those side walls will make life easier by eliminating any potential causes of lifting, etc.

Yep, hold 'em tight! ;)

Which service specifically? If you're applying L&P you may need to hold the skin away from the product for a few seconds longer to ensure it starts to cure before moving on.

With gel & gel polish you need to be super precise with your painting skills, close enough to look painted but not flood the skin.

Extra attention to cuticle work and debris removal down those side walls will make life easier by eliminating any potential causes of lifting, etc.

Thanks hun! I held the folds really tight!....LOL. That was the only way to get the tip on. Thanks for the help. I will try and implement those steps in my service.

Definitely hold the skin tight. I work with gel mostly and if I get any gel on the skin, I use a gum stimulator to remove excess gel from the cuticle area. Works better than a cuticle stick. I saw this from Denise John's, YouTube channel.

Attachments

• 1512609463224.jpg
    1512609463224.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 30
Definitely hold the skin tight. I work with gel mostly and if I get any gel on the skin, I use a gum stimulator to remove excess gel from the cuticle area. Works better than a cuticle stick. I saw this from Denise John's, YouTube channel.

thanks so much

Latest posts

Back