Laughing Buddah

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairchild

Reaction score
Ummm, may be a bit of a strange question but here goes......Setting up my salon room and have been looking for a 'laughing buddah' - having real problems finding something. Does anyone know where I can get one - that looks friendly and will make people smile. Some buddah's can be a bit serious looking so I have set my heart on the 'laughing buddah'.

Many thanks all :biggrin:

You do know a Buddha is not supposed to see a naked body?

xx

What can I say? Niki - no, I did not know about the buddah and not seeing naked bodies! And, Sandi, your a star - I did do a google search and kept finding all sorts of buddah's. but not nice laughing buddah's! Thank you. I did see a really lovely metal one that was about 30/40 cm high and the girl that had it said it was from 'Past times', I have checked their web site and they don't have it listed. Ummmm, Thank you though. I shall check out the sites you have given me and see what I can find. I just think they are so jolly and as I am doing 'holistic'and 'beauty' would liek the mix of both with my decor.

Best place to find a large laughing buddha is a garden centre.

Buddhas should not be placed directly on the ground either, they should be slightly elevated or have something between themselves on the ground like a mat.

Rub their tummy for luck and money on a daily basis and they should face the door.

On another note,does anyone know what to do with a broken buddha? I was told to bury it in the garden and not but it in the bin. so I did. but buddha two was knocked off its perch over the weekend and at this rate ill have a buddha cemetry!

tigi

Hi All,
We bought a Budda when in Goa.
We had so much bad luck........I won't distress you all with the things that happened.
I decided the Budda was not happy here. So on my next trip to Goa I took him back and gave him as a gift to our room service guy. He was so pleased, even the Budda looked happy.
I know this sounds crazy, but we felt better for taking him back home.
Maybe it was just too cold for im here ?????????????
Lotsa luv x x x :hug: :hug: x x x

Hi, I have a small one in my treatment room, smiling with a money sack over his shoulder. My sister bought it for me and I was told it is lucky if someone buys you one rather than buying one yourself!

While on the subject of weird things, if you believe in feng shui, i read in an article in spirit and destiny on how it helped people in their business's, that you should have these symbols by the door of your office/salon facing inwards so money should flow in not out.

Might look into the feng shui more, even if by doing certain things makes you feel more positive, this can be helpful as like attracts like.. im getting deep now must be time for bed!!

There was a website in the article saying where you can get these symbols, ill try and find it and let you know.

x

Best place to find a large laughing buddha is a garden centre.

Buddhas should not be placed directly on the ground either, they should be slightly elevated or have something between themselves on the ground like a mat.

Rub their tummy for luck and money on a daily basis and they should face the door.

That's right... Buddhas like to be up high, being able to see ALL (particularly the small Buddhas in a set - that are best placed above head height).

I have the money Buddha just above my work desk to bring me fortune and prosperity but I haven't been rubbing his tummy... poor neglected Buddha!

hello

i love buddhas i believe you should only get a buddha if you like there face!! i have a tendancy to pick them up and wont put them down!! but all the ones i have make me smile.

i set up in business a year ago and have had so much luck so far im expanding into a bigger premises this month!!

and ive just purchased a 1metre 10cm tall mirrored glass buddha for in my new reception. go for the buddha if he doesnt fit give him away as a gift.

good luck with your venture.
x

Latest posts

Back