launch party demo?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estherlou

Reaction score
hi guys, i'm having a bit of a panic:eek: , i've planned my launch party for 19th April, 2nd week of trading. i'm going to print up the invites this weekend. i've decided to have the party 7-9pm and i'm going to have cocktails for all guests, i've also put that the invites are their ticket into a free prize draw to win a luxury facial. i'm going to be inviting about 60-80 people guessing that i'll get a 60-70% attendance, but i can't make up my mind what to demo:irked:
I really want to showcase something to do with my skincare and did think about a cryogenic mask demo, but i think even i would run out of interesting things to say for the 15 mins that take to set
other possibility would be a facial massage then i could talk about my facial oils?,
also it is going to be v. squashed in my two rooms if everyone has to be stood watching!
What to do???
No demo? different demo? also i'm offering 25% off treatments booked on the night so want to be able to take bookings.
If anyone has a cloning machine i could borrow that would be great coz i'm going to be doing 10 things at once!!! arghhhh!!!!
any ideas would be extremely welcome, thanks xxx:green:

Hi there

Ihad about 60 people at my open evening a year ago and it was far too many:eek: and my salons HUGE..lol

Maybe you could do an invite and take £10 off each person to secure the booking and then they could redeem it at the skincare treatment when they book.Even if they dont turn up you havent lost anything

I have to say having cocktails sounds swish:lick:

And what is a "cryogenic " face mask...very scientific!

I must say that if you are doing it on your own as i did it will be difficult with that many people....and i had my husband in top tails and coat acting as waiter at our open evening!:green:

Do you have a rep from the skincare company to help you,may be she or he can do the skincare treatment while you "liase" with your clientele,that way it would ease the pressure off of you.

You will definitely need some help. You'll probably find yourself needing about three pairs of hands. Do you know of anyone you can pull in to help you for the evening? Even if it's just to take bookings or top up drinks, so you can concentrate on doing your demos and answering the technical questions.

i've got hubby to do drinks and i'm sure i can rope in a few friends to help out, i suppose i need to delegate a bit although i don't know if i would want anyone else doing the bookings side of it thats why i'm not sure about the demo, although without the demo it could get boring, god can't you just tell that my starsign is libra, i can't make my mind up about anything!

I think beautyguru had the right idea when she suggested that you maybe get the rep from the skincare company to help you with the demo. That would leave you free to do the bookings and oversee everything. You'd also be able to answer questions about other treatments that you do, without feeling that you're being distracted all the time if you're trying to do a demo.

If you do get someone else to take bookings, just make sure that they take clients' phone numbers too, so at least if they do make any mistakes you can get in touch with the client to sort it out.

Good luck with it all, and try not to get too stressed!

i agree with what the others have said, you do need to get a few more pairs of hands on board, delegate sombody to take coats and offer drinks, somebody else to show them around, etc. if you are able to get your skincare rep in to do demos that would be fantastic, we had our Matis rep in when we had our launch party and she was great, helped out alot. She did demonstrations of our SK4 electrical facial, because it's something nobody had seen before it went down really well.
If you can't get your rep in then why not offer free nail shape and polish instead if you feel you can't talk about the facial for 15 minutes. Most of all have fun! Our launch party was a huge success and it was great fun!
HTH:)

thanks lpf, you're so right it does need to be fun! i'm thinking maybe a ten min facial massage and i can get someone to pass around samples of my oils and i can explain the benefits of the treatment and then i can chat with guests, if i do the demo fairly early on then i can relax, does this sond ok to you guys

thanks lpf, you're so right it does need to be fun! i'm thinking maybe a ten min facial massage and i can get someone to pass around samples of my oils and i can explain the benefits of the treatment and then i can chat with guests, if i do the demo fairly early on then i can relax, does this sond ok to you guys

Sounds great Esther! Although i wouldn't get the demo out of the way too early, you do want people to see it afterall!! Good luck, let us know how it goes xxx:)

From a business point of view, i would offer the cryongenic mask as a demo. i assume this one has noticable/instant results? You'll be suprised how quickly the time will go, especially if people are asking questions (which we hope they do!). This gives you the oportunity to explain the benefits of the treatment, active ingrediants that make it so fab, and possibly other facial treatments you offer. Make sure your treatment room has testers and displays for visual and tactile enhancement. Maybe whilst the mask is on you could put some on the back of peoples hands so they can see the difference in the hand that is and the hand that is,not done?people like to get actively involved, and it also gets them talking.
i have done many open evening events, and i have found this the best sort of demo.
You say you have two rooms- do you have another therapist?if so, make sure they are demo(ing )something different at a later/earlier time, so that there is always something interesting going on for those that arrive at different times. From experience, the last half of the evening will always be the busiest, so dont offer your demo too early. HTHs and good luck on your venture :)

i have two rooms one is a waiting room and consultation area then the other is the treatment are, The cryogenic mask is a peelable mask and takes the 10-15 mins minimum to set before it can peel, but then it would give me time to demo other skincare items on the guests, thanks for that e.b x

Latest posts

Back