Leaflet design, what you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauz012

Reaction score
I have had some leaflets designed I'm not sure if I like them but can't put my finger on what I don't like what are everyone elses opion on the design what cold be changed

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369145748.930352.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369145748.930352.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 367
Who done these for you?

Think more thought needs to go in to it.
Don't like the background or main font used personally. Looks very cartoonish rather than sleek and professional.

Yeah I wasn't to keen on the font I wanted everyone else's opinion before I go back to them with the changes thanks for the reply

Sorry I don't like it. It's very basic, not very much graphic design thought put into it.

I really don't like the green colour and don't think the colours chosen work well together.

I think it's important to have easy to read writing, yours doesn't.

Verve on here does some amazing leaflets.

The colours and font are difficult to read. I think basic writing with a picture here and there to pretty it up is all a leaflet needs x

I would start again to be honest!

I don't like the font, some of the treatments start with a capital letter and some don't,
I can't see properly on this screen but it looks like eyelashes is spelt wrong ? And also I would put a short description under each treatment
Hope you get it sorted !! :)

I would completely start again, the fonts and background is very simple and unprofessional, and the background could be created in less than 10 seconds!

Michael

I really think black writing is the way to go. Some people won't bother with reading glasses flicking through leaflets from the letterbox. So clarity is especially important. From there I would print on a cream background and go from there I think it's a bit more upmarket. I feel beauty treatments are luxurious so you want that to start from the first contact with your clients x

I'm going to change things up. I like the pattern, and I like the font of the header name. I would darken the writing colours and use a more simple to read font just for the people who can't read very well and the lazy who just don't read unless its easy.
If you can add a bit more information it would be great. Xoxo

Thanks everyone for your replys I was disappointed with them because before I placed an order I asked for some samples of previous designs they have done and these look nothing like them I have sent them over some changes, these do not look professional at all and I think a leaflet is people's first view of your business and you have to get it right

I don't mind the background the colour of the font does need changing it's too light. I'd also put your facial description in the order you do it as its quite confusing otherwise. Also eyelashes is spelt wrong.

I'd also have a think about some of your prices before you print anything as some of them are really low so probably won't make enough profit to cover the treatment, fliers and other expenses so you may have to print out new fliers which would be extra expense xxx

I hate to criticise another designer, but that's not great.

The backgroud is too "heavy", the typesetting doesn't flow, the colours strobe against each other making it uncomfortable to read.

All in all it looks a bit like something my 11 year old would do with Word.

Just have it re-drafted, but be firm about what you do and don't like. If my new website was up and ready I could have shown you some other Geeks leaflets so you could see the standard you ought to accept and be anticipating.

If you need any advice drop me a Pm or email.

ps No logos? pics?

Yeah I went to Carl at verve before I went here but he was very busy and also on holiday took me ages try and find someone else i no I could have dne that design myself which is why I didn't I wanted something professional I thought they were having me on when they sent this

I also don't understand why Facials is just 2 smaller headings and not one heading of facials and listing the different ones offered to keep it in the same format as everything else?

I could deal with the font tbh if the background was faded and they changed the colours so they blended well rather than fighting with each other for the eyes attention.

i cant zoom in on this phone but i notice on the left page you have 2 or 3 headings with smaller font then the rest and the last heading on the right isnt underlined, the pinky text colour makes it hard to read over the green and it might be worth tabbing the prices into a vertical line rather then immediately after the text.

Its ok for a vistaprint, maybe not so much for a paid for design x

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

Highly recommend Banner Penguin, they just did my pricelists and very impressed x

Latest posts

Back