leaflet drops...targeting the best areas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diesel1978

Reaction score
HI Peeps.
I will be doing a large leaflet drop within the next few weeks as i am wanting to inject a whole new variety of clients to my list. I will be dropping these leaflet my self so i want to make sure that i am targetting the correct areas is there any way of finding this info out? I know that you can get my local press to do it but i am worried that i won't be able to guarantee their delivery . So i will be delivering them my self so does anyone know of the best way to assess your target market?????? I'm confusing my self but any info would be greatly appreciated..
Many Thanx
Amanda

Im not sure about best area but just had a read of my notes from my business planning course & the average response rate is 1-5 %
Have you already had the leaflets printed ? If not, from what other geeks have wrote on here they have had more response from yellow page adverts. I have a listing but only a basic one which was free x

Do you mean the demographic of a client, and how to target them? It's very hard to say as I have had clients from all walks of life - on the dole to completely loaded! I find though that the posh estates tend not to respond so well, also areas where people have young children. I find I get either the late teens / early twenties still living at home so no mortgage to pay or, 40 somethings whose children have left home and they now have a more disposeable income. But this is really generalising.

However I used to subscribe to a marketing company that gave a free tip every day. They said that leaflet dropping is far more effective if you target a smaller area and deliver at least 3 times to that same area, rather than target a very large area and deliver once. It's like a drip feed, first one gets their attention, second one gets their interest and third one makes them think right I want this I'll have it!

Hope that's the sort of info you were after as I wasn't quite sure!

Thanx ladies.......i already have a yellow pages advert which serves it's purpose. I wanted to inject a bit of new blood in to my business so to speak....i too have a variety of clients and too have found that delivering to more exclusive areas does'nt always work.
I guess what i am trying to say is i am wanting to target those with a disposable amount of income where ever they live!!! Does that sound right??? I have quite a few business link emails....perhaps they have a few ideas....
It's a good idea though Sassy about targeting the same area x x x

I used to get all my business from leaflet drops, until I found YP, the best bits of advice I can give you are as follows;

if you have an area in mind, find the postcode(s) and look them up under; www.upmystreet.com this will show you the average ages of people; a demographic profile of the kind of people living there etc. Now this really worked for me, and in particular I targeted a road which had a mix of working people, people with families, etc etc. I had a really good response to this maildrop which I did last year and am still getting calls for.

do target the same area more than once, as Sassy said you have to keep reminding them you are about. The only frustrating thing from posting leaflets is that it is boring and you don't get immediate results sometimes, but keep going with it..

well I hope this helps good luck with your mailshot xx

Latest posts

Back