Leaflets Advice Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jospurs

Reaction score
Hi All

I am tinking of getting some leaflets made up, question is should I put the prices on the leaflet of the different nail service or just put the services offered?

The reason I ask is when I made my husbands taxi website I didn't put our prices and had loads of enquires and booking, then I decided to put prices on the website and nobody enquired or booked, so I took them off again.

Not sure if you can compare nails to taxis but would like opinons please.

Jo x

The whole idea of advertising it to get the calls/enquiries... after that it's up to you to make the 'sale'.

I don't think you should have your prices on your advertising flyers, firstly because it could put some potential clients off before they're made aware of what treatments consist of and secondly because it could give your competition the upper hand re their pricing of treatments.

Get the enquiries coming in, then sell your potential client the treatment over the phone, tell them the benefits of whatever it is they're asking about, explain what it will do for them, ie enhancements giving them perfect looking nails and added strength, or the moisturising benefits of your manicures etc... and don't forget to tell them about gel/L+P French toenails for the spring/summer :green:
Maybe offer them a special offer price if they book 2 treatments.

hth's a bit
x

Yes my hubby said that too, I should listen to him more often lol

I just had a pek at your profile is that your labrador?

Jo x

I know what Sandi said is right, but I also know that if I got a leaflet from a beauty salon or similar with no prices i would probably not ring at all. :hug:

Unless you have a sales background or are particularly good at talking people into booking, I would put the prices on. Your prices are your prices, whether they find out from the leaflet, or whether it takes a phone call to find out. But don't sell yourself just on price, emphasise quality products, training, experience, etc.

Good luck

I think you should put your prices up, many clients are driven by price, and if you don't put your prices on the list, you may have to field heaps of unnecessary inquiries.

Also, some people may feel intimidated by your prices over the phone, but not want to let you know, therefore, they will make an appointment (to avoid embarrassment of your prices), then not show up for their appointment.

THINK ABOUT IT. Lots of NO SHOWS.

Why keep your prices a secret? I'm sure you would like to know the prices of what you are buying before making a commitment.

I would give them an idea of your pricing, maybe noting the price of three or so of your services and the add that ''we also offer ............ please call for details''

I think giving an inkling into one or two of your prices gives the customer an idea of what band you are in price wise and if they want to enquire further.

It's tricky though, and sometimes I think a lot of it comes down to the design and wording of your leaflet rather than whether you do or don't include something.

:hug:

Ok Maybe my husband is wrong too. I never listen to him anyway LOL

More opinons please then I can workout the number or yes, no and maybe

Thanks

Jo x

I am back to listening to hubby again and he advised putting proof of leaflet online to get your opinons, hubby thinks there is TOO much infomation. It is a two-sided leafet but you will be able to see both sides on one page.

Have a look and see what you think and please be honest with anything you see thats not right.

Hope it uploads ok

http://www.nailsonwheels.co.uk/bussleaflet.doc

Thanks Jo x

Hi

I like the leaflet. Couple of things. In your header, the grammar is off that's why it's giving you the green line under it. Maybe it could read ''Mobile nail technician and make up artist to your home or place of work'' - as at the moment it reads, 'nail technician' which is you and 'makeovers' which is a thing.

Also quick spelling on the weekenders, it reads idea instead of ideal.

I really like your layout though. Maybe you could have a separate leaflet for the childrens parties as i'm not sure how many people will notice them from what you have on the leaflet.

:hug:

Ok Great Thanks, there does seem t be alot of info going on. It was a nightmare fitting it all in!

Thanks

Jo

Latest posts

Back