Leaflets expensive?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
Does anyone else think leaflets are really expensive? All I've done so far is make a website and advertise on free websites. I want to get lots of leaflets done and post to peoples doors BUT I just can't believe how expensive there are! Even just a 1000 is about £50 plus the cost of getting them designed! As I'm starting out and have no income I really cant justify spending this money on something that people will probably throw in the bin! Xx

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

Well bare in mind many forms of marketing are in excess of £50 I don't think it's too bad.

Personally you can get 5,000 for £79.00 so does make sense to buy in bulk.

Also a well designed leaflet and well planned leaflet distribution (even doing this yourself) will reap rewards. Say you do 5,000 leaflets. Typical uptake is 2-5%.

Basing this on even 1% would mean 50 people try you or contact you. Say you convert only 20% of these into clients and even only 10% into regulars. Say the whole lot cost you £100 and some of your time. 5 regulars wouldn't pay back your investment in 1 month.

However I do agree it is hit and miss depending on area etc etc and that it's hard to layout money when starting up. It's just about getting a decent size budget together to be able to spend a few hundred pounds on marketing every month or so.

They're only expensive if they don't work. :)

If they do...........they're not.

I think it's something that seems expensive but really I think Is worth it...no the whole town won't be banging your door down for appointments, but just think even if only one person booked and became a regular over your career she will spend a small fortune!! Like said above it doesn't take many appointments to make that back...I have done one twice a year for the last two years and never sat back a thought it wasted my money, it always brings in new faces xx

Hi I've made my own leaflets using good old "word" & printed them at home. I have three different treatment leaflets to print out ,im also starting off my business & don't want to spend a fortune.I have had positive feed back on them .I'm proud that i have done them myself & they haven't cost a lot to make.x

I've had leaflets printed from companies on Ebay - very cost effective and perfect for leaflet drops.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think it's a good idea to design at home in a PDF or other format then upload to website or send to the leaflet printing company-this will at least save your designing costs?x

Designed my own at home and printed off, only basic but does the trick. Struck a deal with a local newsagent, I gave his wife a paraffin wax treatment and he's going to put 250 of my leaflets in with his papers! I like a good deal!

£79 for 5000 sounds fab- where is that from?

Can I ask what size these are?

Sent from my Lenovo B8000-F using SalonGeek mobile app

That's for standard A5 leaflets on 130gsm Gloss.
Or if you want something a bit different we do 5,000 A6 postcards for the same price. They tend to work quite well being different size to other people's and being on card gives a really high end feel for low budget.

That's for standard A5 leaflets on 130gsm Gloss.
Or if you want something a bit different we do 5,000 A6 postcards for the same price. They tend to work quite well being different size to other people's and being on card gives a really high end feel for low budget.

Can I have some details - I've been quoted £150 for 1000 from my local printer! And does the price include artwork?

Can I have some details - I've been quoted £150 for 1000 from my local printer! And does the price include artwork?

That doesn't surprise me. Price doesn't include artwork but someone like carl from Verve Designs would be able to do it very reasonably for you. All in all you could get 5,000 from us and artwork from carl for less than that!

If you would like anymore info re print please e-mail me: [email protected]

for any artwork prices needed e-mail Carl at [email protected]

I just don't want to take up too much space on the OP's thread :)

Indeed that's from us :)

Hi banner penguin. I'm also looking to get some leaflets printed. Is that price for double sided print? And also do you do higher quality card if needed? Thanks in advance!

Hi banner penguin. I'm also looking to get some leaflets printed. Is that price for double sided print? And also do you do higher quality card if needed? Thanks in advance!

Hiya,

Yep that's double sided and also do luxury 170gsm paper, 300gsm card & 400gsm card (of course at an extra charge).

That doesn't surprise me. Price doesn't include artwork but someone like carl from Verve Designs would be able to do it very reasonably for you. All in all you could get 5,000 from us and artwork from carl for less than that!

If you would like anymore info re print please e-mail me: [email protected]

for any artwork prices needed e-mail Carl at [email protected]

I just don't want to take up too much space on the OP's thread :)

Thank you I will drop an email

Hiya,

Yep that's double sided and also do luxury 170gsm paper, 300gsm card & 400gsm card (of course at an extra charge).

Thanks! Sent an email to you :)

I had 1000 very beautiful booklets printed at a cost of about £270. I then had them delivered in areas of my choosing which cost about £40. That was on 8 Jan. I have just done a count via my software of the amount of new clients since 8 Jan and it is 20. Not cheap but what a fab return! It is now up to me to ensure the buggers come back lol x

Latest posts

Back