LED lamps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazii

Reaction score
Hey... I'm newly qualified in gel colour.. I'm just wondering which is the best LED LAMP, and could I use an unbranded one? Thanks!

Hi yes you can use an unbranded lamp, The nail team sell a combo lamp that cures led and uv curable polishes

Gel polish manufacturers obviously recommend their own lamps to guarantee the best results, I hamper the opi lamp which I use for gelcolor & geleration x

Use the UV lamp recommended for the brand you use.

LED lamps ARE UV lamps ..they just use a different type of bulb (LED bulbs instead of CCFL bulbs).

The UV output is greater from LED bulbs which is why they cure more quickly. Service time remains the same.

Can you recommend a decent unbranded one?

Best to go with the lamp that matches the system you're using xx

I'm using opi gelcolor, there lamps are so expensive! X

It's usually worth it in the long run but I think people have been talking on here about a mini led lamp from sweetsquared. I'll see if I can find the thread for you xx

Ok thanks will have a look :)) x

Can you recommend a decent unbranded one?

I can't recommend an un branded UV lamp, because as I said, lamps are made to specifically go with the brand ... All brands cure at different distances and with different bulbs ... So there is no lamp that fully can be guaranteed to cure all brands ... Uncured gel causes allergies. Do you want to risk that?

Look at the top of the page and read about UV lamps.

If your gel is curable with any LED uv lamp .. Then this little beauty is affordable and you can put it in Your pocket!

sweet Squared 08452106060

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 104
Does it matter the 'watt' :s x

Thanks ladies... There is so much out there... Just wondering what specs I should be looking for lol xx

You need 36w for uv and I'm not sure about led, I know it's lower but curing times vary and some lamps you have to cure thumbs separately x

I use the OPI one for work and have the Cuccio as a back up (given by friend who was giving up nails.). I use the cuccio for my own nails and often for friends if I'm doing their nails at my house just for practice or to try out new colours and it's great. So far no ones hands/nails/fingers/teeth or any other body parts have fallen off or turned black and gangrenous. As was said on another thread most companies only strongly advise you use their light as that may be the one they've done all tests with. . Check with insurance though.

Link;
http://www.amazon.co.uk/ICON-CUCCIO...d=1402181478&sr=8-1&keywords=cuccio+led+light

Thanks! Do you use the normal or mini one?

Thanks! Do you use the normal or mini one?

For the OPI and Cuccio I use full size one. (I'm not sure if they have small ones.)
My friend bought a small LED last week and as easy and light as it is, it's also near impossible to do get a foot inside without twisting it about.
I understand why if you're just starting out you can't afford the system lamp, but advise you not to go too cheap. Put money aside every week and hopefully sooner rather than later you can replace with the OPI one. And when you do you'll have no worries as you'll have the whole system and a back up light.
Best of luck jazii. :)

Thanks... Yes trying to buy all products but lamp is the biggest set back! Cuccio have a mini one... X

Latest posts

Back