LED not curing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloughers

Reaction score
Hi all just got a new led lamp but have noticed that although so sets r curing ok I did some last night with Bellas Vampire and the top coat pulled the colour off. I cured for 60 secs but there was colour on my topcoat brush after :(

What lamp is is the 4 finger or new 5 finger lamp?
I find the with the 4 finger lamp the fingers do need to be placed exactly in the little guide dips to get the proper cure...especially the pinky!
30 second cure for colour coats and topcoat.
If colour comes off on your pad after wiping the topcoat that usually means you didn't fully cover the colour coat with it.
You need to float the topcoat over the colour and not let the brush go through and touch the colour as it will get on your brush. If it does just wipe the brush on a pad before you put it back in your bottle...we have all done it lol!

What lamp is is the 4 finger or new 5 finger lamp?
I find the with the 4 finger lamp the fingers do need to be placed exactly in the little guide dips to get the proper cure...especially the pinky!
30 second cure for colour coats and topcoat.
If colour comes off on your pad after wiping the topcoat that usually means you didn't fully cover the colour coat with it.
You need to float the topcoat over the colour and not let the brush go through and touch the colour as it will get on your brush. If it does just wipe the brush on a pad before you put it back in your bottle...we have all done it lol!

Thanks for that. It's not a Harmony lamp but a Salon System one, couldn't afford the Harmony one at the moment. It doesn't happen with Gelicure, just Gelish so thought maybe it's because I'm not using the Harmony lamp but I'll try being a bit more careful with the top coat.

Hi don't know if this might apply but there was a thread recently about forgetting to take the blue film off new lamps which is put on to protect it before use, it's on the base where your hand sits. ;)

Thanks for that. It's not a Harmony lamp but a Salon System one, couldn't afford the Harmony one at the moment. It doesn't happen with Gelicure, just Gelish so thought maybe it's because I'm not using the Harmony lamp but I'll try being a bit more careful with the top coat.

Other LED lamps dont seem to cure gelish - i have an LED lamp that doesnt cure it. Its worth sticking with either the NH one or a 36w UV - NH state any 36w UV lamp will cure it x

Other LED lamps dont seem to cure gelish - i have an LED lamp that doesnt cure it. Its worth sticking with either the NH one or a 36w UV - NH state any 36w UV lamp will cure it x

Thanks for that. I've got a UV lamp too but wanted a quicker cure. It seems to be inconsistent, some seem to cure and some don't! I think I need to concentrate on making sure coats are very thin and that clients have their fingers in the lamp properly.

have you got a bunch of things pluged into one extention cord ?

Yes I've got 2 nail lamps and 2 lamps. Will that make a difference?

I recently bought the new 18g LED lamp from Harmony - yes it's expensive but was lucky enough to get VAT free :). The lamp is AMAZING - for me, well worth the money. I'm sure we were told on training to plug directly into the wall & not into an extension cable with loads of other plugs, may be it affect the power output. The lamp cures Gelicure & Gelish (not shellac). :)

I m thinking hand/foot placement important with led? . I ve got the artistic 5 finger lamp Which is very simular to the gelish 18g one. It's great but I m finding with pedicures it's not curing the top coat very well x

I m thinking hand/foot placement important with led? . I ve got the artistic 5 finger lamp Which is very simular to the gelish 18g one. It's great but I m finding with pedicures it's not curing the top coat very well x

Just thought I d update - my curing problems weren t curing problems atall - I basically needed to let the tack free top coat cool down before touching or applying oil. User error !!!! X

Just thought I d update - my curing problems weren t curing problems atall - I basically needed to let the tack free top coat cool down before touching or applying oil. User error !!!! X

So your not using gelish then? I think the op is.

I went on a gelish course yesterday and we found if you have direct sunlight on your lamp it does not cure x

You should always use the lamp designed for the product you are using if not you will experience problems

You should always use the lamp designed for the product you are using if not you will experience problems

There is no lamp designed for Gelicure, all they say is either LED or UV.

Latest posts

Back