Legal advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelley-Anne

Reaction score
HI geeks,
I need some advice.
I rent 3 beauty rooms in the back of a hairdressers. One of the rooms i dont really use much. someone has asked if they can use the room to teach nails.( manicures and ehancements ect). Where do i legaly stand if i said yes. Am i allowed to rent the room to her as i already rent the rooms myself from the hairdressers. ( hope that makes sense).
Advice really needed as if i could it would really help towards the rent each month. :confused:

I would speak with the Hairdressers who you rent from to see if they will end the lease of the 3rd room to you for the this other person to take the lease over or transfer it. I guess you can only speak with the hairdressers at this stage.

It's not legal advice you need. You just need to come to an arrangement with the owner. xxx

You need to speak to the salon owner that you rent from, they may be fine with it OR they might want to rent it directly themselves.

If they are ok you with sub letting then make sure you get something in writing.

I was considering moving to another salon last year, the salon owner (or so I thought) wanted to rent one of her rooms out and luckily I didn't go for it as she hasn't got the best reputation ! I found out last week that the salon owner wasn't infact the owner, she rented the building. She ended up sub letting the other treatment room and the owners (a big company) found out and have basically terminated the contract and she has closed down !!!

I am just so glad I didn't go and rent the room there :eek:

Latest posts

Back