Let's see your tan!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omg I didn't know that! This is the first time I've used it, I usually use this:

Is the Dove Rich Nourishment any better?

Sent from my R800i using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1374329741968.jpg
    1374329741968.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 357
Hey geeks I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me how long Nouvatan has to stay on for before washing off... I recieved some samples a couple of days ago & want to try but want to be sure on the development time :)
Thanks in advance xxx

What's Sienna tan like?

Omg I didn't know that! This is the first time I've used it, I usually use this:

I've heard that dove strips your tan. Aqueous cream is adequate to moisturise your tan I use it as my barrier cream now too and it's very reasonable HTH

I am having trouble finding the ingredients list for the Dove Rich Nourishment but it does keep saying that it "restores a natural shine to the skin" which makes me think it will have exfoliators in it & you would NOT want this to happen while maintaining a tan, it also says "a formula that contains a host of well proven ingredients, including components based on natural vegetable oils".

It is hard to buy a good moisturiser for maintaining a tan.
I usually reccomend clients use Aqueous cream as it is oil free, cheap, comes in a big tub and is available from most chemists.
My advice is to look for a moisturiser for oily skin as they tend not to have any oils in them.
Avoid any product that say they will remove wrinkles or will polish your skin or will reveal new skin etc... as the will have alpha hydroxy acids and these exfoliate the skin (removing your tan).

Hey geeks I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me how long Nouvatan has to stay on for before washing off... I recieved some samples a couple of days ago & want to try but want to be sure on the development time :)
Thanks in advance xxx
If your wanting the full colour of a 10%, 12% etc.. then 8 hours. If your using the 20% as a fast/rapid tan then I believe the approx times are:
2 hours 8%
3 hours 10%
4 hours 12%
5 hours 14%
6 hours 16%
7 hours 18%
8 hours 20%

If your wanting the full colour of a 10%, 12% etc.. then 8 hours. If your using the 20% as a fast/rapid tan then I believe the approx times are:
2 hours 8%
3 hours 10%
4 hours 12%
5 hours 14%
6 hours 16%
7 hours 18%
8 hours 20%

That's great thank you hun xx

So after my lady said 8% was too light i went back the next day n gave her a 10%. I still don't think she's happy. It was her idea that she wanted a light tan, but I reckon she prob wanted darker lol. Here's a pic with still guide colour on n 2nd was nex day. It does look pretty light stil but what can I do.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374364227.544276.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374364245.238336.jpg

Thanks Hun, I'm thinking if training in it. There's a training studio down the road for £95.

Is the training specific to Sienna or can I then change suppliers etc? I'm getting a bit bogged down.

Nouvatan is also interesting me as they state their training isn't brand specific x

So after my lady said 8% was too light I went back the next day n gave her a 10%. I still don't think she's happy. It was her idea that she wanted a light tan, but I reckon she prob wanted darker lol. Here's a pic with still guide colour on and 2nd was next day. It does look pretty light stil but what can I do.
You probably could have sprayed a little more solution on (I know you said it was 40ml) to help get a better colour but I think for an 8% tan that is fine, just a hint of colour as it should be. When you finished and you asess how much solution you have used you can spray a mist over them if you feel you should have used a little more solution, this quick mist over would have stopped you questioning yourself.

You do need to learn how to adjust your gun though hun :Love: - a teeny, tiny twist is all it takes to make quite a big difference in the amount of solution you use but your almost there by the sounds of it :wink2:.

This client obviously has a different idea to you of what a light tan is. I ALWAYS explain that an 8% is a glow (teeny bit of colour to help them look healthy - perfect for a bride), 10% is light tan, 12% is a normal tan - the kind they see most people with & anything over 12% is a darker tan.

Hopefully a 10% tan will be what she was expecting. Just remember to put the info on her client record card so you know what to use the next time she has a tan.

You probably could have sprayed a little more solution on (I know you said it was 40ml) to help get a better colour but I think for an 8% tan that is fine, just a hint of colour as it should be. When you finished and you asess how much solution you have used you can spray a mist over them if you feel you should have used a little more solution, this quick mist over would have stopped you questioning yourself.

You do need to learn how to adjust your gun though hun :Love: - a teeny, tiny twist is all it takes to make quite a big difference in the amount of solution you use but your almost there by the sounds of it :wink2:.

This client obviously has a different idea to you of what a light tan is. I ALWAYS explain that an 8% is a glow (teeny bit of colour to help them look healthy - perfect for a bride), 10% is light tan, 12% is a normal tan - the kind they see most people with & anything over 12% is a darker tan.

Hopefully a 10% tan will be what she was expecting. Just remember to put the info on her client record card so you know what to use the next time she has a tan.

Thank you so much for the info. She kept saying she didnt want to be too dark but obviously as you say her idea of a tan is very different from mines lol.
I think I will defo use your explanation of the different %. It will stop them being disappointed. I think because im new to strap tanning its just a matter of learning. Im not charging people full price yet so will give me more time to learn. Got 3 more this week so hope that helps x

It is always better for them to be too light than to be too dark, it's quite easy to spray again so they go a bit darker, it's not so easy to lighen a tan that is too dark.
You will get there with more practice. Don't be afraid to get them to step out of the tent and give them a really good look over, then get back in and touch up or spray over again if you feel you need to. Making sure you get a good even coverage is not as easy as it looks lol.

Done my daughter in fresh indulgence Saturday night I'm usually a nouvatan no 1 fan but due to a situation had to move and I have to say the fresh indulgence colour is gorgeous will post pic tonight

Thanks Hun, I'm thinking if training in it. There's a training studio down the road for £95.

Is the training specific to Sienna or can I then change suppliers etc? I'm getting a bit bogged down.

Nouvatan is also interesting me as they state their training isn't brand specific x

It's the second tanning training I've done and def the best- the online module is great and it's got good cpd points. I haven't had my certificate through as yet (must chase) it's an accredited course so I would hope it wouldn't cause you problems if you wanted to change solutions. Next year I'm going to do the masterclass I enjoyed it so much and I've only seen sienna and Ldn skins doing those :)

Hey ladies! Have any sienna users ever mixed 10 and 6 to in theory get 8? I know I was trained not to mix- but I have sprayed a client 10 previously she loved it but fancies a lighter one (how rare is that?!) but I don't have an 8 nor am I likely to have a sudden rush of 8s. I think the touché would feel too light after a 10??? Thoughts ladies? Thanks

Ok done a few more this wk. used 40ml n then next person only 20ml as played with gun again n then yday did one n used 50ml n was nr perfect. Wish I could get some super glue n glue it so that it doesnt keep changing lol.

Turn the dial all the way to the left until it will not turn any more - this means NO solution can come out. Mark the top of the dial where 12 would be on a clock (use a thin line of nail varnish). Then turn the dial to the right so the mark is between where the 7 & an 8 would be on a clock.
Try this setting and see if your happy, if not move it a teeny bit and try again.

When you find the perfect place for you mark the gun where the line is on your dial. Then you just have to make sure the marks line up on the gun & dial.

Ok done a few more this wk. used 40ml n then next person only 20ml as played with gun again n then yday did one n used 50ml n was nr perfect. Wish I could get some super glue n glue it so that it doesnt keep changing lol.

Why does it keep changing on you? I have marked the position on my gun with some nail polish so I know when I turn that down to 8oclock it's the perfect setting.... But saying that, the screw never moves unless I move it!

As I'm doing it mobile atm when it's in the bag it seems to Move it. The dial can be turned right around about 10 times from tight to loose. Think I might try the technique of turning it all the way so no spray n then round to 7/8 o'clock. At least that way every time I get it out I tighten it n then Un tighten it a little. Will try tonight. I have seen other guns that the dials are numbered. Might see if they fit my machine x

Latest posts

Back