Let's see your tan!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunless solutions .... 10%... Was done Friday nite And washed of Saturday am .... Been like this since Monday xx

Is it yours or someone else's ? I would probably expect this to be happening now after being sprayed Friday but not like this since Monday if it's not dry skin??x

It's my arm!! The underneath bit .... I don't usually suffer dry skin ...maybe just me xx

Have you been exfoliating and moisturising?

Moisturised for 2 days then have up as didn't seem to matter .....xx

View attachment 62226

Can any one suggest a reason why tan has gone like this xx
Looks like it could be DHA overload to me. If there was too much solution applied to that area it would crack and look bad quite quickly. Gentle exfoliation would reduce the colour and might even it out a bit so it doesn't look so bad.

Thanks for advice .... I have just changed products so was unsure if it was me or the product xx

I think its your product. Some of the tanning solutions I have used do that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think its your product. Some of the tanning solutions I have used do that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have used Sunless Solutions for two years and I've never seen this happen before! I agree with baggybear, too much DHA.

Approx how many mls are you using per tan? Knowing that will tell you if your using too much solution.

Used approx 50-60ml per tan .... Gonna try scrub it off and try again xx

I would say try turning down your gun as you are using a little too much solution, 40ml to 50ml is what you should be aiming for.
The extra your using could well be causing DHA overload especially if it is a higher percent solution on fair skin.

View attachment 62226

Can any one suggest a reason why tan has gone like this xx

This has happened to me today after tanning yesterday, I had an 8% applied all over for a very natural look, but to see the difference in colour 12% was applied over the 8% on my legs, my legs turned out the same as your picture, scaly looking.
This was for training purposes only :p

Not sure if it's been mentioned but couldn't trawl through the 57 pages! Has anyone used DHA drops? Any what are your reviews? X

Not sure if it's been mentioned but couldn't trawl through the 57 pages! Has anyone used DHA drops? Any what are your reviews? X

DHA drops are good for the odd tan. they come in dropper bottles and you need to use multiples of the whole dropper (if that makes sense). 20 drops is one dropper full.

50% DHA is the best.

The maths is a bit mind boggling, but here are the instructions for Siennasol 50% Booster drops.

Professional Spray Tan Solutions
10 drops per 100ml of tan will increase the DHA content of the tan by 1%, we generally recommend you add 20 drops per 100ml of tan & test it, if it is not dark enough then add a further 20 drops on next application.

Daily Moisturisers
Add 2 drops per squirt, again if not dark enough add another. We generally assume you will use 20 drops over the whole body, so if using with a facial cream, add just 1 drop.

The amount of drops used depends on how dark you wish to go & what the drops are added to. With a little experimentation, you will soon know how many drops to add to your favourite tans or moisturisers. You can layer it up if you need to go darker.

Here are my pictures. The leg is Siennasol Extreme Extra 20% DHA. The arm is Siennasol Extreme Extra wash off. Both are the really dark tans and probably too dark for most people (good for dancers though).

siennasolextremextra20_zpsbfe783c6.jpg~original

Siennasol Extreme Extra 20% DHA.
extremewashoff_zpsa81a09b6.jpg~original

Siennasol Extreme Extra wash off

Last edited:
DHA drops are good for the odd tan. they come in dropper bottles and you need to use multiples of the whole dropper (if that makes sense). 20 drops is one dropper full.

50% DHA is the best.

The maths is a bit mind boggling, but here are the instructions for Siennasol 50% Booster drops.

Professional Spray Tan Solutions
10 drops per 100ml of tan will increase the DHA content of the tan by 1%, we generally recommend you add 20 drops per 100ml of tan & test it, if it is not dark enough then add a further 20 drops on next application.

Daily Moisturisers
Add 2 drops per squirt, again if not dark enough add another. We generally assume you will use 20 drops over the whole body, so if using with a facial cream, add just 1 drop.

The amount of drops used depends on how dark you wish to go & what the drops are added to. With a little experimentation, you will soon know how many drops to add to your favourite tans or moisturisers. You can layer it up if you need to go darker.

Here are my pictures. The leg is Siennasol Extreme Extra 20% DHA. The arm is Siennasol Extreme Extra wash off. Both are the really dark tans and probably too dark for most people (good for dancers though).

siennasolextremextra20_zpsbfe783c6.jpg~original

Siennasol Extreme Extra 20% DHA.
extremewashoff_zpsa81a09b6.jpg~original

Siennasol Extreme Extra wash off

This is really helpful, thank you. Plus I never knew you could add it to normal creams and moisturisers!

not exfoliated, or they have had perfume or some kind of body lotion on which has caused the tan to not absorb properly xxx

I've had his happen to my legs as they are always so very dry.
I'd suggest after wash off, to moisturize more then 2-3 times a day.

Last edited:
hi ive just got my certificate for spray tanning wahoo! cant wait to get started! i trained using tan truth i had the 9% as im quite pale and i love it! although one hand is darker than the other but i think that was the girl who prepped me!
id love to try different tanning products is there any anyone would recommend? or to stay away from??
also does anyone know of good websites to purchase the kit?? my local sallys are doing the tantruth kit for £285 but i dont really know where else to look?:)
i have had l0ts of people enquiring already so i cant wait to get started your help would be much appreciated!! :):):) thanks x

Well done!!! I only passed on Sunday and am very excited about getting my kit too!! I have been looking around on ebay and found a kit for just under £100.00 -
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/201050688846?cmd=VIDESC&gxo=true
If you buy it with the solutions it costs just under £115.00! I haven't heard of the HPLV 3000 machine before though so have popped another post on a different conversation for some help regarding that! I will try keep you updated :) good luck tanning hun! xx

Hi everyone, just dragging this post up for a reason that is not quite the point of the post but it seemed the best place to post.

How you go about getting photos of your clients in their tan? I know it sounds silly but I don't really know what to say just after i've sprayed them!

TIA x

Latest posts

Back