Let's talk Brisa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Gigi,

How do you use the log technique when sculpting the white? Or do you sculpt with the pink and then use the paint on white?

you sculpt your white first as always (cure) and then lay down the 'log' from eponychium to the smile line. Just the same really. I prefer the sculpting white to the POW myself.

I do love how Geeg simplifies it so we can understand x her book is my bible I would recommend it to every one. Nail class u can get it from sweet squared! Best 15.00 I ever spent x

I do love how Geeg simplifies it so we can understand x her book is my bible I would recommend it to every one. Nail class u can get it from sweet squared! Best 15.00 I ever spent x

I wish I could find it here in Canada. I have been looking for it for AGES! The only plavce I've been able to find it is on amazon.ca but have never seen it in stock :(

I wish I could find it here in Canada. I have been looking for it for AGES! The only plavce I've been able to find it is on amazon.ca but have never seen it in stock :(
Nailclass can be purchased worldwide from Disinfectants & hygiene products to prevent spread of disease. - mundo professional - for a healthy environment. Just click on nail and beauty products and then click on books.

They ship it all over the world at a very reasonable postage and you pay on line. Very easy. Thanks you for the interest in it. Hope you find it helpful.

you sculpt your white first as always (cure) and then lay down the 'log' from eponychium to the smile line. Just the same really. I prefer the sculpting white to the POW myself.

Ok thanks Gigi, will try this out with my next set! :)

:sad: Im really disappointed with myself! just finished the ladies brisa and they had more humps than the himalayan mountains... I actually felt bad taking money frm the lady :Scared: thank god she wanted blue rockstar but I cant rely on every client opting for that - I have another lady in tomorrow and Im soo tempted to cancel...

ps I dint see all the dips until i started to file finish, any tips on that/is there a certain gel thats is better to work with?

so sorry it didn't go so well for you today. But Brisa is one of the easiest to work with I've found. Try a set on a practice hand tonight. Really look over your shape you've created with the gel before curing. Then if you notice any dips/bumps ease the gel into place, then cure. You might have to do a bit more filing the shape until you get more confident in sculpting just with your brush. Until then, maybe add on more builder layer so that you can file the shape better without thining the gel too much. You want to be able to keep your strength and shape to make sure the set will last.

You could get models in to practice on and only charge 50% to cover your product costs and such? just a thought

Good luck and just keep practicing!

so sorry it didn't go so well for you today. But Brisa is one of the easiest to work with I've found. Try a set on a practice hand tonight. Really look over your shape you've created with the gel before curing. Then if you notice any dips/bumps ease the gel into place, then cure. You might have to do a bit more filing the shape until you get more confident in sculpting just with your brush. Until then, maybe add on more builder layer so that you can file the shape better without thining the gel too much. You want to be able to keep your strength and shape to make sure the set will last.

You could get models in to practice on and only charge 50% to cover your product costs and such? just a thought

Good luck and just keep practicing!

A builder layer? is that simply adding layer of gel by brushing it on? Im only charging half price atm (more if they want shellac)

Does anybody know of a video showing the "log" technique?

Last thing, when I come to refining the shape and notice low spots can I then go back and add another layer of brisa gel?

A builder layer? is that simply adding layer of gel by brushing it on? Im only charging half price atm (more if they want shellac)

Does anybody know of a video showing the "log" technique?

Last thing, when I come to refining the shape and notice low spots can I then go back and add another layer of brisa gel?

I mean when you're building your shape to allow it to be a bit thicker in comparison to what you normally do....to allow for more filling into shape until you get better at a smoother shape with your brush.

I don't have a vid for geeg's log technique, only the one I posted by holly.

You can go back and add another layer of gel to adjust your shape. It won't effect the gel at all....just using more product this way.

Latest posts

Back