Letting off some steam

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a rant but a stupid question. Hope I don't cause offence to those who may do this.

What is it with couples who share a Facebook page? Like "Rosie n Jim woods" is it running with the joint theme? Joint bank account, joint car insurance, joint tenancy, joint Facebook. I would never share a Facebook profile, it's too confusing. I cmmented on a joint FB status the other day only for the one person to say "oh sorry that was him not me" get yet own FB then! Gah!

Thanks. I'm going to have a sleep and see how I feel in the morning. You'd think I'd know how to deal with men having not really been single for the last 7 years! Lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

A relationship shouldn't be such hard work at this stage! You should be all loved up!

Not a rant but a stupid question. Hope I don't cause offence to those who may do this.

What is it with couples who share a Facebook page? Like "Rosie n Jim woods" is it running with the joint theme? Joint bank account, joint car insurance, joint tenancy, joint Facebook. I would never share a Facebook profile, it's too confusing. I cmmented on a joint FB status the other day only for the one person to say "oh sorry that was him not me" get yet own FB then! Gah!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407194961.455009.jpg

He hee

Thanks. I'm going to have a sleep and see how I feel in the morning. You'd think I'd know how to deal with men having not really been single for the last 7 years! Lol

After reading your posts for the past month or so, i think we all know it would be best if you both went your seperate ways. Like ch-ela said, it shouldn't be this hard/stressful this early on

In my opinion it is due to trust issues, they don't trust each other to have their own profile. Xx

A relationship shouldn't be such hard work at this stage! You should be all loved up!

I have to agree, its not been that long since you got together. It should still be the 'cant get enough of each other' stage.

Of course its your choice, but if its not right now, in the beginning... Will it ever be? Xx

My vent is that my OH constantly opens drawers and cupboards and doesn't close them again. I'm regularly bashing my head on the corner of kitchen cupboard doors (I'm a shorty)! Drives me insane so it does.

Still, if it's my main vent in life at the moment things could be worse lol x

I have to agree, its not been that long since you got together. It should still be the 'cant get enough of each other' stage.

Of course its your choice, but if its not right now, in the beginning... Will it ever be? Xx

It is haha we just had a fall out because I'm not ready for all this relationship stuff. It moved too fast for me and I've panicked. I've caused everything (well, most of it...) and I know I have but it's the fact I've said sorry and he's not backing down cause he's stubborn. He also challenges me and doesn't let me get my own way which isn't fair ;) I'm just not used to people saying no to me. It's confusing my brain cause he's got a brain of his own and isn't being a puppet like the rest of them haha.

I think if we can get through this then it might be worth it. I might even not talk to him today and let him wonder. He might just get an emoticon when I'm done from work :p

CT scan on Fri, plus some other tests but I'm being very positive.

Thank you xxx

Good luck hope all goes well z

That's awful, I hope she is able to get out ASAP I really do.
I grew up in it, my dad was pure evil. Thankfully my mum did get out and is like a completely different woman.

After the last beating she threw him out but was still in contact then she cut him off then got back in contact. She told me she's arranged to meet up with him tomorrow. I'm hoping she doesn't.

I just don't know what to do with my life :(

I've had a message saying he wants to work things out. That's a plus I guess. I just feel terrible. I don't know if I should respond. If I do I'm bending to his demands, if I don't I could lose the chance to see if I could be happy with him. Help :(

I agree with the others - you should be at the happy happy happy loved up stage. Maybe put a little space between you have a week of not seeing each other and see how you feel.

It is haha we just had a fall out because I'm not ready for all this relationship stuff. It moved too fast for me and I've panicked. I've caused everything (well, most of it...) and I know I have but it's the fact I've said sorry and he's not backing down cause he's stubborn. He also challenges me and doesn't let me get my own way which isn't fair ;) I'm just not used to people saying no to me. It's confusing my brain cause he's got a brain of his own and isn't being a puppet like the rest of them haha.

I think if we can get through this then it might be worth it. I might even not talk to him today and let him wonder. He might just get an emoticon when I'm done from work :p

Like others have said it shouldn't be such hard work. You spend most if your time second guessing each other and playing games.

Saying that, you will only do what you want to do. By the sounds of if you want to stay with him so good luck.

My vent is that my OH constantly opens drawers and cupboards and doesn't close them again. I'm regularly bashing my head on the corner of kitchen cupboard doors (I'm a shorty)! Drives me insane so it does.

Still, if it's my main vent in life at the moment things could be worse lol x

I do that not sure why!! I'm so tidy but always leave cupboards open!! Xx

My rant is I have water from the shower coming through my kitchen ceiling :(

It must be the week for it, whenever my bath tap gets turned on water streams out of the bottom of the wall :/ lol I don't even want to know how much it's going to cost to fix!

Thank you. Its been awful. She goes from being strong and cutting him off to wanting him back and making excuses for the last beating he
gave her. She just loves him!

Do you know I used to think women of DV should be strong & walk away, why do they let these men treat them like this etc. but my husband (who is very wise & has experienced things in his childhood) said to me "these women are mental prisoners, they think they cannot go anywhere else & there is no one to help them, because they are brainwashed into thinking they are useless! Only they can break the mental chains! If you are told your useless or it's your fault enough times, you start to believe it! ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

She says the same. She sits sobbing saying that she always said if a man raised his hand to her she'd walk away and that she always said women who stayed are silly but she loves him so much & wants him back.

Thank you. Its been awful. She goes from being strong and cutting him off to wanting him back and making excuses for the last beating he
gave her. She just loves him!

Do you know I used to think women of DV should be strong & walk away, why do they let these men treat them like this etc. but my husband (who is very wise & has experienced things in his childhood) said to me "these women are mental prisoners, they think they cannot go anywhere else & there is no one to help them, because they are brainwashed into thinking they are useless! Only they can break the mental chains! If you are told your useless or it's your fault enough times, you start to believe it! ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah you really do believe it. I mean I was lucky that I never got badly hurt, I ended up in a&e and my hand still has nerve damage... but it was the point at which he threatened to kill me and I was holding a knife ready to just end it that I thought no, screw this, im better than this and walked out in the clothes I was wearing, no phone, no keys, nothing.

Some of you probably think im mental but im scarred for life. I'm slowly trying to improve things but it's stupidly hard. Ive changed my car so he doesn't know what car ive got, not just because I needed a new one...

These people are cowards. It's insane how many people, both men and women, suffer this abuse. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy :(

I hope your friend has the courage to walk away x

I do that not sure why!! I'm so tidy but always leave cupboards open!! Xx

Lol there is worse things you could be doing. I just had a wee vent last night because I went for a glass of water and bumped my head yet again. Think of the dangers! Haha x

Tired. Too tired 💤💤💤

*insert rant about still living at home and wanting my own space here*

Gahhh I feel like Big Brother is always watching; leave me alone I am 22 years old!

We stayed with my partners family (mum, stepdad and sister) for two years. Was good for the bank but not so much for the sanity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back