lift prone clients - cnd protocol? help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aliceellen1974

Reaction score
Hi Geeks - Firstly i use retention+ L&P

I have always suffered from lifting but not so bad since switching to cnd and getting extra training.

BUT I do want to try and eliminate it completely on myself (if pos) so have looked in the wonderful SS catalogue but I am a bit confused as they sell both:

primer and

nail fresh

They both seem to indicate they are for lifting but do i use one or both???? :irked:

I use scrub fresh properly but what would you recommend me as well as this to try and get rid of any lifting.

THANKS SO MUCH XXXX

sorry forgot to say, non of my clients hardly have any lifting must be my nail plates :)

The system that you are using is a primer less system so you don't need that,
scrubfresh is vital and nailfresh is useful if you have a client that is prone to lifting, we do what we call a scrubfresh sandwich
give a good scrub with scrubfresh then apply the nailfresh and then another good scrub with scrubfresh,
but this should only be needed with a few of the clients that you will meet,

it does sound like you need to work on your prep routine,
especially as it is you that seems to suffer most, we don't tend to prep our own nails as well as we do the clients, and it is a little more difficult to do your own prep,
go through your prep routine with us and we will try to iron it out for you :hug:

For clients prone to lifting I Scrub Fresh then use Nail Fresh and Scrub Fresh again before applying product (super prep). It usually does the trick.

Lol great minds think alike :hug:

Thanks for your replies, i tend to find it difficult getting to all the angles of my own nails (if that makes sense)

I do the following:
1. hand sanitiser - cool blue
2. Cuticle remover (cnd) and use a duel tool to remove all non living tissue from nail plate.
3. wash hands with soap and water and dry well and gently rough up nail plate with 240 grit file v gently
4. scrub fresh for 5 second scrub til squeeky clean
(5. apply tip if I am going to have tips on and file/ rough up tip)
6. apply white l&p
7. scrub fresh again same as before on nail plate only (not tip)
8. apply pink L&P
9. file and buff, solar oil

thanks again x

Your prep looks fine
as you said is harder to do your own, i am sat prepping mine at the mo,
when i put on the cuticle remover on my own nails i put more on than i would a client and i leave it for a good 5 Min's or longer, this way i find it has softened everything and it all comes away much easier hth

thanks looby
yes i find the angle difficult so i will give the cuticle remove a five minute soak time before i remove it.

thanks again.

Just out of interest what is the cnd nail primer for? a different system to retention+?

jane x

Thanks for your replies, i tend to find it difficult getting to all the angles of my own nails (if that makes sense)

I do the following:
1. hand sanitiser - cool blue
2. Cuticle remover (cnd) and use a duel tool to remove all non living tissue from nail plate.
3. wash hands with soap and water and dry well and gently rough up nail plate with 240 grit file v gently
4. scrub fresh for 5 second scrub til squeeky clean
(5. apply tip if I am going to have tips on and file/ rough up tip)
6. apply white l&p
7. scrub fresh again same as before on nail plate only (not tip)
8. apply pink L&P
9. file and buff, solar oil

thanks again x

do you need to s/fresh again?? are you letting it dry properly before applying product??

Dont worry, I always get much more lifting on my own nails than my clients, I think it really difficult to do your own nails, its probably due to that rather than your prep, which from what you have described sounds about right.
I would say if in doubt, ask your educator!

Best wishes

Latest posts

Back