Lifting, CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesekah

Reaction score
I haev been a nail tech for 6 years but i find i still get clients with lifting, which i hate, sometimes i find it can just be a bit but sometimes the whole nail will come off in one piece, why is this and what can i do to stop it. i use srubfresh and a acid base primer only one coat if i think they need it ill do two but wait for the first coat to dry...i use a 120/100 grit file
i also find if i use cuticle remover the nails lift the next day (only have done this on my self when doing a refill)
im always wanting to learn,

I haev been a nail tech for 6 years but i find i still get clients with lifting, which i hate, sometimes i find it can just be a bit but sometimes the whole nail will come off in one piece, why is this and what can i do to stop it. i use srubfresh and a acid base primer only one coat if i think they need it ill do two but wait for the first coat to dry...i use a 120/100 grit file
i also find if i use cuticle remover the nails lift the next day (only have done this on my self when doing a refill)
im always wanting to learn,

Hiya ... How are you removing the cuticle remover...? and are you pressing the product enough...??

I'm not a CND user, but endorse (and like the product/training) the whole ideology of the system is quite brilliant .... but cannot offer advice from a CND point of view....... BUT, I think your files are too coarse, finer files will seal the product in better.

I'm sure some CND aficionados will add some advice for you.

with soapy water when i do use it, but i dont very often, ive started to thin out the acrylic the last couple of months and im finding that working and also foucsing on filing around the back end a little more.

im finding im really comparing my work to the NSS with their (im guessing ) mma product. that stuff just doesnt move... and clients love it.. which gets me down.

what files would you suggest, most of the nail techs around here use 80/80 which i think is crazy!

I use a 120/240 the 120 is for tough work only

Another point to consider is that CND requires no primer let alone an acid one! Acid primer is not part of the CND way nor are coarse files ... maybe some CND training with CND methods would be a sound decision to make at this stage.

Every technician sees the odd bit of lifting for whatever reason ... even the greatest techs on earth can't sit on their clients' shoulders and prevent what they do to cause lifting and even the greatest techs on earth sometimes cause it themselves by being too fast or a bit careless with their application .... that's life.

But it does not sound to me like you are doing things with your system that are CND methods. Take a CND class and enjoy how the product should really perform.

Latest posts

Back