Lifting with Brisa Light Smoothing gel - would sculpting gel be better?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treacle44

Reaction score
I have no issues using Brisa lite smoothing gel on clients with Shellac but I find on the occasions I use it in myself, I sometimes lose the whole thing in one piece on a nail or two for some reason.

I want the strength Brisa lite provides whilst I'm on holiday, but don't want to lose any, would Sculpting gel work better? Would two layers of gel still be needed before the Shellac?

Thanks

Hi hun, I have this problem with sculpting get so I look forward to the answers :)

I have no issues using Brisa lite smoothing gel on clients with Shellac but I find on the occasions I use it in myself, I sometimes lose the whole thing in one piece on a nail or two for some reason.

I want the strength Brisa lite provides whilst I'm on holiday, but don't want to lose any, would Sculpting gel work better? Would two layers of gel still be needed before the Shellac?

Thanks

So your clients have no problems it's just you? Awww.
The problem is most likely your exposure to solvents while you are performing treatments. Your clients are fine because they are not using ScrubFresh, Nourishing Remover, d.sperce (IPA) etc.

You are going on holiday (lucky you!) so you will not be using solvents during that time. I reckon you will be able to enjoy the same success with Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel and CND Shellac that all your clients do when you are away from your nail table.

In the longer term, how can nail pros prevent service breakdown on their own nails while working on clients?
Using plastic backed pads is a good start, that way you protect your nails and fingers from most of the solvents you would come into contact with otherwise. Brisa lite Sculpting Gel is a little more resistant to solvents than Brisa lite Smoothing Gel, but it's still removable and we remove it with Nourishing Remover or acetone. The most full proof coating a nail professional can wear on their nails in CND Brisa Gel (not Brisa Lite). Brisa gel is EXTREMELY resistant to solvents - you could soak your nails in a bowl of acetone and nothing will happen! As Brisa Gel is a permanent Nail Enhancement coating you would need to have the right qualifications to use it, if it's just for you why not find yourself a CND Master Sculptor (an expert in Brisa gel) in your area and have a regular 2 week maintenance appointment? You'll have beautiful nails 365 days a year and not have to worry about ruining them while working.

Thanks

Are you using 2 layers of bl smoothing then? I only ever use 1 layer of BL smoothing gel, then 2 shellac colour coats and lastly shellac top coat and it lasts great.

I never said thank to your response Wee Fee! Bit late but thanks :)

Waffle - no I just meant if I use Sculpting gel, as I do use two thin layers of that.

I've been so busy the last few weeks that my own nails have suffered sadly and are a bit peely. It's that time of year!

Ive found that because Brisa Lite smoothing gel is clear its easy to touch the side walls without leaving a gap. Its so hard to see! But this has for me resulted in it coming off a few times on clients to begin with :rolleyes: :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back