LIFTING

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BJ

Reaction score
I have done all my training at the Leeds branch of Designer nails and was really enthusiastic about it all. The only thing is now is that I am thinking of giving it all up as I never get a client to come back as they are suffering from lifting. I make sure that I do my prep right and spend as much time as I can on it. Someone has suggested that I get a smaller brush as the one provided in the starter kit is very big and alien to me. I was origionally trained as a photographic artist and I am used to stippling with my brush instead of pressing down.

Use the Search facility, trust me it is a godsend, it will provide you with volumes of info on this subject. Do you do your own nails :?: Do they lift :?: I do a friends nails sometimes, her's lift reason why is she continually picks, taps, nibbles her nails. Also uses them as tools. I do nag her, but then I would get more joy from a brick wall.

Hang on in there.

Good Luck

I DO NOT DO MY OWN NAILS AS THEY VERY LONG AND I SUPPOSE I AM LUCKY THAT THEY NEVER SEEM TO BREAK OR NEED ANY MAINTENENCE.

Well I think you have answered your own question haven't you??!!

You say you are used to stippling ... in other words, little pats ... instead of pressing down. Yet I think you know quite well if you trained at the CNA in Leeds, that patting will not do and that pressing is essential. Lifting is something that most beginners suffer with as part of their learning curve ... you must make alterations in the way you do things.

If you are not prepared to make the changes necessary and improve your technique, then you will go on suffering with the same problem.

A larger brush in fact helps with the pressing and I wouldn't change it, that is why you were taught with it.

Sadly not everyone who trains to do nails makes it, but you certainly need to at least try the techniques you were taught as these are tried and tested methods that work. It is up to you to make the changes necessary and the problems will go away. You know that thousands of technicians have no problems with lifting ... so neither should you.

HI GEEG

DO YOU THINK THAT I WOULD BE BETTER USING THR FABRIC AS THIS IS MORE LIKE PAINTING A NAIL?

BJ

Don't get downhearted, read and learn. If you look at one of the questionnaires (cant think of technical name - but they pop up on this site! :D you will see you are not alone. The worst problem that the people who have answered this was lifting (the last time I looked at it).

I too had this problem and still do sometimes, read about the Power Prep in the search facility. I find that this has helped enormously. It all comes with practice. When I first opened I felt that I was ruining my business as so many people "did not return".

Just do as many people as you can - for free or cost price if necessary - and then as part of their deal get them to come back, examine and adjust your service! :p

Please keep going - get some 1:1 for your technique - it will greatly help you - use a real model (even one you have had problems with) and get your Ambassador to "see you in action".

Smile! ;)
Lesleyx

PS Please don't think I have overcome this, I have just adjusted my technique to work better for me - which helps. Will gladly pm it to you if you think it might help you!

HI LANAILS

THAT WOULD BE GREAT THANKS

BJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back