Light blonde to caramel blonde - majirel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairstylist2010

Reaction score
Hey!

So have a client who is around 90% grey and looking to drop her from a base 9 tint all over down to a warm base 7. I struggle with the ends not looking natural and a bit lifeless when I go back this way despite doing 50% 7,0 to 50% 7,3 - can I use diarichesse instead without prepigging? What majirel combo do you use for rich warm toning down?

TIA

Yes, you can go up to 4 levels darker with diarichesse. :)

How about...
Regrowth: Majirel 1/2 7,3 + 1/4 6,34 + 1/4 8,34 + 20 vol
Lengths & ends: DiaRichesse 1/2 6,34 + 1/2 8,34 + 9 vol.

If you wanted keep some light & reflection you could alternate your lengths and ends colour by weaving out each section as you take the colour through and applying a lighter, brighter tone to half of the section, for example:

DiaRichesse 1/2 7,30 + 1/4 clear + 9 vol.

This will produce a subdue golden shimmer and keep the colour looking soft and natural.

I would avoid using any natural basics or deep basics in the colour, especially in your lengths and ends mixture. You will get richer results by using golden basics at the regrowth for the white hair coverage coverage.

Do you have any shades in mind?

Yes, you can go up to 4 levels darker with diarichesse. :)

How about...
Regrowth: Majirel 1/2 7,3 + 1/4 6,34 + 1/4 8,34 + 20 vol
Lengths & ends: DiaRichesse 1/2 6,34 + 1/2 8,34 + 9 vol.

If you wanted keep some light & reflection you could alternate your lengths and ends colour by weaving out each section as you take the colour through and applying a lighter, brighter tone to half of the section, for example:

DiaRichesse 1/2 7,30 + 1/4 clear + 9 vol.

This will produce a subdue golden shimmer and keep the colour looking soft and natural.

I would avoid using any natural basics or deep basics in the colour, especially in your lengths and ends mixture. You will get richer results by using golden basics at the regrowth for the white hair coverage coverage.

Do you have any shades in mind?

Will that cover the 90% grey and won't it be glowing?
I would do 1/2 7.0 1/4 6.34 + 1/4 7.3 as you will need a bit more depth with the grey roots you won't want them glowing yellow

Will that cover the 90% grey and won't it be glowing?
I would do 1/2 7.0 1/4 6.34 + 1/4 7.3 as you will need a bit more depth with the grey roots you won't want them glowing yellow

It depends on the result you want to see, in my mind I was imagining a 7,34 so I added the gold base for the white hair coverage.

I personally would not have any worries about it glowing yellow since the hair is 90% white so there will no underlying pigment/warmth to neutralise.

The 7.3 is a base in majirel. Normal bases should only be used when you want a cool result.

It depends on the result you want to see, in my mind I was imagining a 7,34 so I added the gold base for the white hair coverage.

I personally would not have any worries about it glowing yellow since the hair is 90% white so there will no underlying pigment/warmth to neutralise.

I'm not worried about there being undertones I mean your adding yellow/copper to white I think it will enhance tone.

Latest posts

Back