Quantcast

Light pink (not bright) Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi there
I would have posted this q in the Shellac Lovers group but I don't know how to get there using my phone!
I'm after a light pink Shellac, nothing too bright like Gotcha though. Would Beau or M&R be suitable? **sorry about this end bit my phone won't allow me to scroll down to delete! X thanks *sirryBeau

Lolly22

Reaction score
Do you want it to be sheer or opaque? You could layer m&r over gotcha?

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Do you want it to be sheer or opaque? You could layer m&r over gotcha?
Either I guess! A little shimmer to the pink would be nice but nothing bright.

Its for an elderly client going out for the day (special occasion). What are Beau, Romantique and M&R like?

I shall have a look on the Shellac Lovers group (im on my computer now) see if I can find a colour swatch.

Evaperk

Reaction score
If you have a look in my album I have a pic of baby pink with black cherry blossoms on. I made the baby pink with one coat of hot pop pink and two coats of romantique. I hope the next batch of shellac has some pastel colours in!

Lolly22

Reaction score
Ok beau is the most sheer of those three. A lovely warm pink, mostly used for layering or French. M&r is a hard colour to describe, the base of it looks like moonlight (beleive it or not lol) like that whitey, shimmery look and it has lilac-y shimmer and is about semi sheer. I describe romantique as a milkshakey colour, it's quite cool and it's not one that suits everyone :). Hth

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Ok beau is the most sheer of those three. A lovely warm pink, mostly used for layering or French. M&r is a hard colour to describe, the base of it looks like moonlight (beleive it or not lol) like that whitey, shimmery look and it has lilac-y shimmer and is about semi sheer. I describe romantique as a milkshakey colour, it's quite cool and it's not one that suits everyone :). Hth
Ok is sheer = quite see though?
Opaique (bad sp) = solid colour?

Sorry I just need these clarifying.

Whats Rosebud like? I don't mind buying several especially if they will double up as good layering options for me.

Emily Case

Reaction score
Strawberry Smoothie is beautiful (and if you don't like the frosted look, layer M&R over it).

It is always the first colour the older ladies go for, and I love it!

xx

Dream Nails

Reaction score
Ok is sheer = quite see though?
Opaique (bad sp) = solid colour?

Sorry I just need these clarifying.

Whats Rosebud like? I don't mind buying several especially if they will double up as good layering options for me.
Yes your sheer/opaque is correct.

Rosebud for me was a bit of a disappointment. I would describe it at a dusky rose. However others have loved it and it looks lovely on Mum who has quite olive skin.
Vicki xx

Lolly22

Reaction score
Yeah I don't like rosebud either but it's like a vintage pink colour. It is nice on warm skin tones and probably older folk. It's got slot of brown mixed in with it and therefore is dusky looking :) x

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Ok ladies

Thank you for all your feedback. As this is an older client im dealing with im going to go with:

Rosebud, Strawberry Smoothie and I think M&R as its a popular layer combination one.

Klassy Klaws

Reaction score
Gotcha or Rose Bud layers with Strawberry Smoothie both give a beautiful pink they are both very popular with my clients.

Latest posts