Lighting up the nail desk

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dids

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good table lamp/light to illuminate my nail desk.
Tried a search on the internet and all i get is uv lamps.
Which type of table lamp do you use and where did you buy it.
Had my nails balanced today and loved their lamps but the tech didn't know where it came from, but it was good becauses the base was also an area for holding products saving space and clutter, anyone know what type of lamp this is?
Thanks for any help you can give:lol:

Have you seen the new one from the Daylight Company? It's fabulous and would fit in with any salon decor...

I can't find a pic of it bit it's in this month's PN and costs about £70.

Cathie! said:
Have you seen the new one from the Daylight Company? It's fabulous and would fit in with any salon decor...

do you know if its on their website, I did look at their site but couldn't seem to find a lot

No it isn't I had a look....it's long and slim and lights up from above your clients hands, so you get even light across the whole working area

Thanks Cathie, I'll try ringing them for a brochure

i got this great lamp from homebase the other week, only £9.99.
i can be free standing or screwed on the desk.
4310837A65UC279932M.jpg

I have a lamp similar to the one above, which I got at Argos ... it either sits on the desk with a stand, or you can clamp it directly to the table with an attachment which comes with it ... cost is £14.99 I think.

I bought one from homebase as well it was also about £6. It clips on to the side of the desk so it does not take up any room and it does the job for me.

Thanks. They all sound great. Love the look of the Homebase one and the price is fab, does it get very warm though if working for a long while at atime.

hey dids, i got a great table lamp from IKEA, cost me £12.99 and its great, its chrome and very heavy (so it doesnt slide around when i get carried away filing)

Cathie! said:

I saw that at Pro Beauty and it looks gorgeous! I'm saving my pennies at the moment as I'm fed up of packing and unpacking my portable daylight lamp every time I go mobile!

I also asked about UV output, as a lot of techs on here were concerned at one point that Daylight Lapmps were curing their gels. The gentleman on the stand said that the UV in their lamps was no higher than natural daylight and therefore wouldn't cure gels any quicker than leaving the top off!

Zingara said:
I saw that at Pro Beauty and it looks gorgeous! I'm saving my pennies at the moment as I'm fed up of packing and unpacking my portable daylight lamp every time I go mobile!

I also asked about UV output, as a lot of techs on here were concerned at one point that Daylight Lapmps were curing their gels. The gentleman on the stand said that the UV in their lamps was no higher than natural daylight and therefore wouldn't cure gels any quicker than leaving the top off!

Must say that I hadn't thought about the lamp curing the gel as i'm working, its a really good point. Perhaps it would be worthwhile spending extra on a professional lamp if this is a possibility.

you can use any lamp, i think the globe is more important, i use a daylight globe, (60 watt) normal looking (but blue) it gives off a clear light (very close to daylight) hence the name, when you boil everything we do down to basics, the first thing we need to be able to do is "see" what we are doing, also, what little heat this globe emits can come in handy, when i have a client that comes in with freezing hands, i get her to hold the lampshade (without burning of course), it heats both hands up at once and is very comfortable, also the light this globe gives off makes the nail polishes look very true to colour, daylight globes also reflect less off your table or brushmat into your face, which also means your eyes won't get as tired, i'm amazed more wholesalers dont stock them, but you can get them from any hardware store

I love my portable day light lamp cannot live without it. :green:

It is good for taking photos underneath to.

Latest posts

Back