Lilac toner washing out instantly, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siobrennan

Reaction score
Edit: title should read "tone" not toner.

Hi everyone I had a client today for full head hilites, bleach and lilac. Her hair is a bit porous but I didn't think it was this bad!
Done roots only on the bleach hilites and then done 9.02+violet mix tone(xp100) in foils alternately. It looked amazing once dry, really shimmery and definitely lilac. (Prev used crazy colour but as we know it has rank green undertones!)

Just had a message to say she washed her hair (again!) after being at the gym and no lilac is left. So obviously I'm going to redo but does anyone have any hints to get a decent lilac lasting longer than 1 wash? Has to really be available at Sally's wholesales but I'm open to different brands. I'm leaning towards fudge paintbox purple mixed with whiter shade of pale just now.
Thanks in advance x

Is she using the correct aftercare?

Am I right in thinking you use a permanent hair colour?

Yes, with 10vol to deposit. Not ideal obviously a semi is preferable however could only get my hands on yucky crazy colour for semi at short notice. Colour care shampoo was used (Tigi one?!) just still expected slightly more than one wash :( I don't do many colourful colours tbh so at a bit of a loss xx

I always put a clear gloss over my toners, it seems to seal them in

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know this has nothing to do with your question but how much violet did you use I wanna try this lol!

Try the Goldwell elumen colour range. They have a vv@all which is an electric violet but you can intermix it with one of the 10 levels like sb/sv@10 or clear to pastelise it out. They are super long lasting and also easy to remove. Check it out, definitely my go to for pastel shades :)

Hello. The xp100 range has a very low dye load. So this may be your problem. Maybe try a tigi colour if you can get hold of one. If you google tigi copyright colour their website has brill colour mixes that show you what goes in to them. They have the most amazing mix tones. Hope this helps.

Hi. The image is of my own hair. I used Matrix Color Graphics Lacquer. It's new and a true semi. They are fully intermixable. I used 1 part purple to 3 parts clear. Loved the product and have washed it 4 times since. The lilac has faded but it's still there. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406278091.143906.jpg
Hope this helps xxx

Awesome thanks for your suggestions I will definitely take them on board.ended up doing ion semi mixed with conditioner to tone it down a notch and it came up lovely. Will be looking into the matrix range though :) thanks again x

Hi.. I'm about to use the colorgraphics lacquer for the first time - do you know if you need to mix the promoter with it?? Thanks x

Hi.. I'm about to use the colorgraphics lacquer for the first time - do you know if you need to mix the promoter with it?? Thanks x

The Colourgraphics Lacquers are a true semi, so they are applied directly to washed, towel dried hair, no promoter needed. If you want to make pastel add clear. Leave it for 20mins to develop.
X

The Colourgraphics Lacquers are a true semi, so they are applied directly to washed, towel dried hair, no promoter needed. If you want to make pastel add clear. Leave it for 20mins to develop.
X

Great, thank you! I used it on a client today and it worked perfectly! She loved it :) xxx

Latest posts

Back