lily lolo - rating it or hating it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it was from elemis - they had a product called liquid layer to layer over moituriser - maybe thats he reason for their thinking?!?!

hehe ordered my professional order today will be here Saturday!!!!! YAY im so excited:lol:

hehe ordered my professional order today will be here Saturday!!!!! YAY im so excited:lol:

Is this for your salon? If so how much did you have to order? Was there a minimum amount? I guess you're pleased with it! :)

hey

yes for my salon - got a lot of bridal work coming up!

its £200 minimum - i spent £300 - got one of all bestsellers in every thing (powder, blush etc) also set of bruses and some for me so wasnt too bad!

Its arriving tomoz im soooooooo excited!

beckixx

I haven't used them but I think it looks like a fab range BUT I wouldn't want to stock this in the salon as,
  • It is not a particuarly big range like ID Bare Essentials or Jane Iredale & only seems to have the basic products, eg powder, blush, eyeshadows.
  • It is available to buy online so clients can buy it direct.
  • The powders/foundations don't have an SPF which many clients now look for.

HI!

All mineral makeup has SPF in as it's the powder itself witch is the SPF. You have chemical SPF and phyfical SPF, minerals are physical SPF. Hmmm... did that make sense?

C.

HI!

All mineral makeup has SPF in as it's the powder itself witch is the SPF. You have chemical SPF and phyfical SPF, minerals are physical SPF. Hmmm... did that make sense?

C.

OK It does say on the Lily Lolo website that it doesn't have SPF though ?

OK It does say on the Lily Lolo website that it doesn't have SPF though ?

What I read was that it has naturally SPF but that they could not tell how much it was. The minerals act like a "barrier" like a t-shirt also act like a natural SPF. I don't think any of the mineral makeups have chemical SPF in their foundations, it's the minerals. I may be wrong here, but this is what I have learned.

C.

so should you advise a client to wear an SPF aswell?

so should you advise a client to wear an SPF aswell?

I think that it would be good practice to always advise our clients to wear an SPF anyway.

I have read that the Lilylolo site advises that they have not had the SPF independantly tested therefore they don't promote it as having one, although the minerals themselves do contain a natural SPF but who knows what number it is? Hence always advising clients to wear an addtional SPF regardless.

hth

i thought so but some clients are so anti SPF!!! well now im know!
The only thing I cant get get to grips with is the bronzer!!xxx

I only have the full size foundation and powder. When you recieved the whole kit did they provide any application tips? It is definately very different to my normal make up!

Oh and as for clients who are anti SPF I guess they are pro wrinkles!! :lol::wink2:

LOL indeed they are very pro wrinkles!! I'm trying to educate...

Yes came with a little brochure - the bronzer I think is definatly a case of less is more but the blusher I got is GORGEOUS!!!

Very excited about getting more stuff!

I also bought all the brushes - very impressive!

Bexi, are you going to retail this or is it just for your use with bridal make up, I got a load of samples and showed a few of my customers and they really like them, just wondering how much I'd need

hey alli

to start with I'm going to just use it professionally but my aim is to sell it!

i work above a hairdressers and the girls all loved it and so i thought it would be popular.

the girl i spoke to on the phone was very helpful - advising me of the colours i would need what there best sellers where etc.

I ordered one of everything she said and have alot!

what did your clients say then?

Well they all loved the colours of the eyeshadows, I've also tried it out on a bride for her trial and she thought it was fantastic, she kept saying she didn't feel as if she had any makeup on it was so light, got feedback from her the following day and it lasted all through the night without any problems, I had another client in today telling me her doctor told her to get mineral makeup as she has quite bad skin, so I'm going to order some, I know that they're going to be adding more products to their range, the only thing is I want it all!!:)

Latest posts

Back