Lined or unlined nanos?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatildasMummy

Reaction score
I have just discovered unlined nanos rings - has anybody used these? Could they cut the hair when used with the metal nano tip?

I am really struggling with nanos, I have been doing them on my friend and she is coming back to see me sat and she said loads have fallen out - it is making me want to remove them off my services as I find them really hard to fit!!

I have researched on here and I’m going to try the following

Straighten her hair again before application
Pull hair through the loop in a downwards motion
I have ordered a new nano puller tool to try

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated

personally, i always go for lined nano's. especially for people with fine or slippery hair. i've just had better luck with them.
my first nano client had this same problem, i found i just under-estimated how much pressure is needed when you're clamping down.
try squeezing harder, see if that makes a difference. also, make sure she has no product at her root that can cause slippage.

don't give up! nano's require alot of practice but you'll get there!
KD

I can't get on with lines so always use unlined. I have found the nano sizes vary from supplier so I have different sizes depending on the thickness and texture of clients hair. If the hair is very fine or tends to slip I use the smallest nanos but use two instead of one. Space them out to take away the pressure on the section of hair x

THanks so much for your advice girls that is great really appreciate it!! Xxxx

I’ll let you know how I get on !

For my normal mini locks I prefer unlined ones but always use lined for the nanos, I find it grips better on the metal, unless the tip is plastic then I would think unlined would be best but I’ve never used plastic ones so far! X

For my normal mini locks I prefer unlined ones but always use lined for the nanos, I find it grips better on the metal, unless the tip is plastic then I would think unlined would be best but I’ve never used plastic ones so far! X
Ah thanks Sploo! Will go with the lined ones then xxx

Latest posts

Back