Lining up stamping images

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfectly polished

Reaction score
hi cna nayone help me please????ive read loads of articles and watched tonz of videos but for the life of me i cant seem to get the stamping images straight. it doesnt matter for the images that can be stamped any way, but for those images that need to be straight, like the plaid design on my Moyou Hipster collection, that needs to be straight and i just CANT get it on straight!!!

I found this really tricky too but I've discovered a really simple solution!
I bought a rectangular stamper! MoYou London sell them. It's so much easier. As long as you line the stamper up straight with the design on the plate and then with your finger nail you can't go wrong - I haven't had to redo one since I bought it and all have been straight!

Have you tried practicing on a sheet of paper first? I found this helped :) also instead of rolling the stamper from side to side, try roll it from cuticle to free edge (if you get what I mean) xx

Have you tried practicing on a sheet of paper first? I found this helped :) also instead of rolling the stamper from side to side, try roll it from cuticle to free edge (if you get what I mean) xx
im thinking of buying some cheap acrylic paint from my local junk store to practice on a paper first but ppaper doesnt have that curve that nails have so its not as good but i suppose for the practice...
and i will also try going downward rolling from cuticle to free edge

If you have a round stamper, bling the handle so you can tell top and bottom, then always roll it the 'correct' way in line with your bling!
Then it should be easy to tell!

so i bought the recrtangular stamper as it seems to be easier to tell where the top and bottom is ;)
i did practice on a sheet of paper but the nail shape is nothign like a flat piece of paper so that didnt help much when i came to actually stamping on a nail.
ive also pruchased the creative shop stamper which looks amazing and has fab reviews. i think ill ge there in the end...

Latest posts

Back