Lint Free pads & Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesfer

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was just wondering what pads you are using for you shellac prep? I have tried hands down ultra and a few other lint free pads and no matter how much I check I ALWAY seem to get a bit of fluff when I come to put the shellac on it so frustrating!

whats everyone else using and do you get issues?

Thanks

Hi All,

I was just wondering what pads you are using for you shellac prep? I have tried hands down ultra and a few other lint free pads and no matter how much I check I ALWAY seem to get a bit of fluff when I come to put the shellac on it so frustrating!

whats everyone else using and do you get issues?

Thanks

You HAVE to try the new Soft Landings wipes they are absolutely 100% lint free and soft and gorgeous. You can even cut them in two, to make them go further as they are about 3" square.

I promise hand on my heart they are lint free and feel like soft toweling! I agree I have never liked hands down pads although I do think they are clever but not lint free. I have always used gauze pads from S2 and still will but I think I will use the Soft Landings wipes just for Shellac.

Thank you, I have just had the soft landing delivered so looking forward to giving them a try now!

The ONLY thing I like about hands down is that it gives me a chance to keep my own nails nice for about a day maybe two if I'm lucky :biggrin:

Thank you, I have just had the soft landing delivered so looking forward to giving them a try now!

The ONLY thing I like about hands down is that it gives me a chance to keep my own nails nice for about a day maybe two if I'm lucky :biggrin:

I know .. Hands Down are such a clever idea but why they insist they are lint free, when you can see fibers all over them I don't know.

There is a way of holding a gauze square or the Soft Landings wipes so that your nails do not come into contact with any solutions.

Pick up the pad between your index and middle finger. Like this .. spread those fingers out in a V on the top of the pad and then pull them together picking up the pad in the middle along the length of your fingers .. then use it as normal and your nails never touch the pad. You should never pick up a wipe with the tips of your fingers .. I see so many do it and it really is completely wrong.

Oooooo what a fab tip Geeg!!! I've just become a "softie" and after some user error on my part have now totally fell in love , they're fab fab fab!!!!

X

Totaly agree with the soft landings wipes, they really are lint free!!! Just do what I do and glove up when using anything with acetone in it. I just can't get the hang of not getting acetone on my own Shellac by holding it as Geeg has pointed out.

I think it's great how S2 gave out a trail of the soft landings wipes as I was a little sceptical after trying other so called "lint free" wipes. Now I've tried them, I am switching over to them and thier full sized towels.

Really want to try soft landings now!!

Have also had good results with OPI expert touch lint free pads!

X

You HAVE to try the new Soft Landings wipes they are absolutely 100% lint free and soft and gorgeous. You can even cut them in two, to make them go further as they are about 3" square.

I promise hand on my heart they are lint free and feel like soft toweling! I agree I have never liked hands down pads although I do think they are clever but not lint free. I have always used gauze pads from S2 and still will but I think I will use the Soft Landings wipes just for Shellac.

I'd love to try these nail wipes but can't find anywhere in canada that sells them :sad:

I'd love to try these nail wipes but can't find anywhere in canada that sells them :sad:

Jen - Speak to Kathy directly at Soft Landings.
She shipped mine to Scotland before S2 became a distributor so I am sure shipping to Canada would be easy!

Jen - Speak to Kathy directly at Soft Landings.
She shipped mine to Scotland before S2 became a distributor so I am sure shipping to Canada would be easy!

Thanks a bunch!! :)

Latest posts

Back