Lipstick help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairfairy1904

Hair fairy
Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I am by no means a beauty expert, I'm definitely a hair geek.
However I am looking for a new lipstick and want one with great staying power. I find myself reapplying my lipstick numerous amounts of times throughout the working day and I'd rather invest in one that its going I last longer. If any of you could share your favourites I would be very grateful!
Thanks!
Leanne :)

I use boots natural collection.. That tens do stay on even after a drink its only cheap aswell.. £1.99 i think!! :)

Shoudln't posts like this be in the Consumer section? I've noticed an increasing number of posts from non-professionals in the professional sections.

She just said she was a hair geek...

She just said she was a hair geek...

That's true, but we are still asked to refrain from posting in pro forums if we aren't pros, even if qualified in another area. Just FYI x

It's only a recommendation.
Try mac hun, their lipsticks are brilliant & have great staying power. x

I'm a lippie lover and would recommend mac, amazing staying power!

Another vote for mac! Love them!

And another vote for mac. Love the lipglosses as well!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

MAC MAC MAC :D !!! xxx

I am not a makeup pro but read this thread as I am also desperate to find a good long lasting lipstick. I bought a mac lipstick after recommendations and it doesn't last any longer on me than any other lippy so maybe some of us just have lips where lipstick doesn't last very long?! :(

Perhaps preparation and application is key here!

Exfoliate the lips first. If they are a bit dry, apply some moisturising balm and allow this to settle in fully.

Now, with a lip pencil closest to your lipstick colour, line your lips. Want a dramatic cupids bow? Draw an "X" (here's an image- not mine- so you get what I mean!)

b9DV8Iu.png

Then, FILL your lips in with the lip liner.

Take your lipstick, and a lip brush. Use the flat side of the brush to apply the lipstick; on the fullest part of the bottom lip, I "push" or stipple the lipstick on, as I find it gets more product on. For the top lip, you keep the sharp "X" by doing another one, laying the brush flat against each line of the X. Make sure the lipstick entirely covers the lip liner base and you're done!

Hope that helps some of you! xx

Thanks so much for that peacock :) I know it wasn't me who asked the initial question but that's very helpful! I exfoliate with a benefit lip exfoliator then use their balm, also use a lip liner and still have the same problem. However, I have never thought to put the liner all over the lips before the lipstick so will give that a go :) x

Latest posts

Back