Liquid & powder, CJP to NSI

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FleurNails96

Reaction score
I recently switched from NSI to CJP acrylic, which I’m loving!

75% of my clients nails have been perfect but a couple are coming back losing nails, chipping/breaking etc.

Has anyone got any troubleshooting tips?

I know you need to work drier with CJP, but does CJP need to be applied thicker than NSI?

I’m currently using birthday suit powder, master monomer (can’t remember the new name!), CJP dehydrate/prep and acid bonder.
I’ve been finish filing with a 180 file instead of a 150 (which I used to use with NSI), so I don’t file them too thin since CJP files so easily.

I recently switched from NSI to CJP acrylic, which I’m loving!

75% of my clients nails have been perfect but a couple are coming back losing nails, chipping/breaking etc.

Has anyone got any troubleshooting tips?

I know you need to work drier with CJP, but does CJP need to be applied thicker than NSI?

I’m currently using birthday suit powder, master monomer (can’t remember the new name!), CJP dehydrate/prep and acid bonder.
I’ve been finish filing with a 180 file instead of a 150 (which I used to use with NSI), so I don’t file them too thin since CJP files so easily.

I'm actually finding I'm producing thinner nails with CJP than my previous CND system. That said, where is the chipping? If it's side walls/free edge it could be you are going slightly too thin so they can't withstand impact.

Some pictures or specifics would help with troubleshooting.

21764b00aaabe267b56a5e0078f6fb9f.jpg
80713b8777009b89cf777a1037ffd021.jpg

Here are some photos, I don’t have any side view pictures unfortunately!

Camo nails client always has perfect nails with no lifting even though she’s a hairdresser!

Blue nails client has issues with lifting, only thing I can think of is that she goes to the gym regularly (bashes them on equipment maybe?) and her thumb and forefingers curve downwards as they grow.

21764b00aaabe267b56a5e0078f6fb9f.jpg
80713b8777009b89cf777a1037ffd021.jpg

Here are some photos, I don’t have any side view pictures unfortunately!

Camo nails client always has perfect nails with no lifting even though she’s a hairdresser!

Blue nails client has issues with lifting, only thing I can think of is that she goes to the gym regularly (bashes them on equipment maybe?) and her thumb and forefingers curve downwards as they grow.

I meant pictures of the damage so we can see where/consequences etc.

Gym goer may experience lifting as she's probably putting the free edge under stress (gripping bars, etc.) so they see-saw and lift from the back.

Unfortunately they’ve usually picked the whole thing off by the time they’ve come in! Usually leaving behind a sore looking natural nail [emoji20]

It’s difficult to know what to do when they also confess to picking/biting/not wearing gloves etc.

I’ll see if I can get some pictures of where they’re lifting/breaking from. [emoji106]

It’s difficult to know what to do when they also confess to picking/biting/not wearing gloves etc. [emoji106]

At which point you point out that you cannot be responsible for what they do to the nails after they leave your table don't you??!! LOL

Breakages are a fact of life, clients need educating on that too. Whether it's down to incorrect application (you) or the client not taking care of them (not you) is for you to establish and resolve appropriately. If it's you, incorrect apex, too thin, etc. you know what you need to do to correct it and you accept the cost of rectifying. If its the client then they need to do the exact same thing...accept responsibility and pay for the cost of repairs. If you keep taking the responsibility and cost they'll keep letting you, time to get tough. Tell them if something happens you need to see it immediately, not after they've bitten or picked it off. Only by letting you see it can you resolve the issue for THEM and make their service last longer and be more cost effective in the long run...appeal to peoples purses, they soon start listening.

Now that you mention she gyms a lot.
I have a few clients who train for triathlon etc and due to some or other hormone released during training etc it could potentially create issues and nails lift or fall off almost.
It sounds crazy and not in any textbook but from my years experience only very few clients experience this.

Usually linked to other health issues which as I am not a doctor I am not going to get into those.

When they stop doing such intense training their nails are perfect [emoji1305].

At which point you point out that you cannot be responsible for what they do to the nails after they leave your table don't you??!! LOL

Breakages are a fact of life, clients need educating on that too. Whether it's down to incorrect application (you) or the client not taking care of them (not you) is for you to establish and resolve appropriately. If it's you, incorrect apex, too thin, etc. you know what you need to do to correct it and you accept the cost of rectifying. If its the client then they need to do the exact same thing...accept responsibility and pay for the cost of repairs. If you keep taking the responsibility and cost they'll keep letting you, time to get tough. Tell them if something happens you need to see it immediately, not after they've bitten or picked it off. Only by letting you see it can you resolve the issue for THEM and make their service last longer and be more cost effective in the long run...appeal to peoples purses, they soon start listening.

I definitely need to start pointing this out!

I don’t charge for repairs as they rarely happen, but maybe I should for repeat offenders [emoji848]

I definitely need to start pointing this out!

I don’t charge for repairs as they rarely happen, but maybe I should for repeat offenders [emoji848]

What incentive is there for them to look after their nails properly if you're going to fix them for free? You def need to look at your repairs policy x

Almost all of my clients are L&P and I use CJP and glam and glits. Clients get little to no lifting and few repairs. I’ll be honest and say that lately I rarely charge as they are so few and far between. If it was happening regularly then I would charge for every repair.

Latest posts

Back