Little choice of colour with Shellac packages

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Min

Reaction score
hi all

maybe its just me, i would like different colours in the shellac packages, yellows, reds, oranges, blues, pinks, purples, blacks, nudes, french etc.. colours for my clients to chose from.

i am about to buy the love shellac kit, because its value BUT
i dont think they have thought the colours out well enough. i mean whY will i need 5 different shades of white or pink or red? would it not be better to add some neon, yellows, blue etc...

Can you tell me if there is anyway to change the colours or if you were happy with the colours in the love shellac kit?

its the dame with their nail polishes, they offer packages at great value but most the colours seem the same.:rolleyes:

Hi I recently brought the love shellac package and the only thing I was a little disappointed about was that there were 4 duplicate colours in the selection. I did email sweet squared who explained they were popular colours that's why they were duplicated. Apart from that the package was fab, really happy with it and great value for money.

Cnd shellac don't have any neon colours unfortunately so no point waiting for those.

Hi I recently brought the love shellac package and the only thing I was a little disappointed about was that there were 4 duplicate colours in the selection. I did email sweet squared who explained they were popular colours that's why they were duplicated. Apart from that the package was fab, really happy with it and great value for money.

Do you mean 4 of the exact same colour? Surely not?!

Why not buy some of the Additives so you can make oranges, yellows etc? By using additives or layering you can make a huge range of colours and I also find that using glitters makes even more colours.

There are a set of 4 new nude Shellac shades being released soon so that'll increase the range available.

In relation to neons, CND have no intention of making any due to the legalities of using neon pigments in the US.

I love Shellac and honestly have never been unable to give my clients what they want colour wise!

Same kit as I am ordering. Gosh I hope I don't get 4 of the same colours! Popular or not that doesn't seem right x

Hi :)

I also bought the love shellac kit and I absolutely LOVE it! It has transformed my business. I love it clients love it its a winner! I was a little disappointed with the duplicate colours but they colour choice was great!

Jody x

You can layer shellac to create all sorts of colours. I currently have a lovely mauve on by layering negligee over fedora. It's pretty! I can't wait to try more color combos!

Yes waffle4 - 4 of the same colour :-(

I can understand if the duplicate colour choice is one that everyone uses but if its not I will be miffed. Especially if its a colour that isn't that popular. It seems a lot 4. Have you found this one colour has proved to be your most popular and used lots of it ?? What colour was it?? X x

Ah just re read. It's 4 separate colours that are duplicated!! Still :( x

I'm gutted they don't do yellows etc :(

While having a million different bottles seems like a great idea, there are no colours that you can't make with layering and additives - and, realistically, how many times are you asked for neons or pale lemon yellows?

It may take a little more work every so often but, when you think about it, it makes much more financial sense to be able make these brights yourself with existing bottles and additives rather than having 00's of different bottles aging on your shelves :)

I make a yellow by layering yellow additive over cream puff.
I know what you mean though. Out of my 24 colour 14 are pinks and reds :/
I'm buying the blue additive next as I've been asked by a client for a blue for a shellac pedi.
Additives are definitely worth the investment :) x

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

I thought the same when i first received my kit but u can honestly say I use every single one of the reds. They are all different and suit different tastes & skin tones. Same with studio white & cream puff. Some people like a bright white, others a more natural look.
Additives are the best invention EVER! I could bore you all day with the amount of different colours & effects you can create with them.
Xx

Blimey that's bad! Must be one they're trying to get rid of!!

I think i've confussed things by not wording it correctly - it was 4 duplicate colours not 4 of the same colour :) sorry for confusion.

For the most part I feel my clients are spoilt for choice with the current and 'coming soon' Shellac colours.. Buuut, I am often asked for neons I wish I could offer :sad: I get quite jealous of all those brights the Gelish girls get to play with! Yellow additive is on my wish list xx

Hi
So if u put two coats of white (eg cream puff), u just rub in some bright additives (eg yellow) and u get a neon shellac?

Hi
So if u put two coats of white (eg cream puff), u just rub in some bright additives (eg yellow) and u get a neon shellac?

I usually use one coat of cream puff and then pat and burnish the additive on top. You will not make a neon colour, more of a bright!

Latest posts

Back