Live colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreax

Reaction score
Hiya!!
Ok I've got a new client who has been using the purple live box colour for a while. She has about a four inch root growth which is around 6-7 base. She has asked to have her hair coloured to wella 7/75. What's the best way around to achieve the best possible result?
Do I bleach bath, colour remover??? I know these dreaded "live" colours are a nightmare to get rid of?!
Thanks in advance

have you compatability tested?
I strand tested a lady the other day with the red one on. The lightrner swelled up and bubbled, after 45 mins with 12% it hadn't budged at all

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Do a colour test first!! Snip a couple of bits out and try one with bleach and one with colour remover. Live colours are a bitch because the chemical make up is different to normal tints and the colour molecules are huge, destroying the condition and making it almost impossible to remove.
The most success I've had in getting it out is 2shades lift only and the condition was awful.
Another one of my clients had hair down her back but it snapped off and ended up with a short bob. Poor thing.
I've even had foils explode due to client not telling me she'd used it. It was pretty obvious by the reaction and she finally admitted when she saw what was happening.
Unfortunately people don't learn about the dangers of these colours until it's too late. Most clients think we stylists say not to use box colours just to get them into the salon :rolleyes:

Thanks for your replies. The thing is with clients they think your a miracle worker....I will do the test cutting and take it from there!
I can imagine it's not going to be a good result 😧

I had lady with xxl live purple on her hair. Did strand test, her hair broke on test piece & was like bubblegum. Needless to say I refused to do her hair x

My sister in law had the live colour below told she wanted to go blonde she stripped her hair herself I did some test hair was seeing luckily and we actually nice highlights x pictures below ...

Ps she used colour be4 I believe!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397600610.863542.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1397600634.275997.jpg

I was Really surprises we didn't get loads of brassy orange x

Latest posts

Back