Live xxl can someone explain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahpoppy24

Reaction score
Hi guys I know live xxl is horrible to remove, horrible on condition and just generally naff but I want to know from an I science minded person why and what it contains that makes it like this! I've heard it containes the same ingredients as car tyres! Also that as you use heat it melts it into the hair can someone enlighten me as I want to warn my clients who have used it before not to do it again xxx

Hi guys I know live xxl is horrible to remove, horrible on condition and just generally naff but I want to know from an I science minded person why and what it contains that makes it like this! I've heard it containes the same ingredients as car tyres! Also that as you use heat it melts it into the hair can someone enlighten me as I want to warn my clients who have used it before not to do it again xxx

Buy a box maybe, look up ingredients and their uses on Internet I love doing stuff like this! ;0)

Buy a box maybe, look up ingredients and their uses on Internet I love doing stuff like this! ;0)

Lol that will make them think they made a sale and continue to produce this vile stuff. It also makes me ashamed to say I use Schwarzkopf colours regularly on my clients.
I'm sure google has the answers to ingredients lists and from there you can search xoxo

Wikipedia it, that site will tell you everything!

However, I feel we could all tell our clients to watch out for this, not touch this products etc. we could scream it at them till we are blue in the face.
If they want to use it, they are going to use it.

Be careful how you go about things :)

Ok not sure if this is right but this is an ingredients list for live xxl 35 Real Red

Developer: Aqua, Hydrogen Peroxde, Cetearyl Alcohol,Peg-40 Castpr Oil, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Disodium Pyrophosphate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Phosphoric Acid.

Color Creme: Aqua, Cetyl Alcohol, Ammonium Hydroxide,Oleth-7, Glyceryl Stearate,Decyl Olete, 1-Hydroxyethyl 4, 5-Diamino Pyrazole Sulfate.Potassium Oletate, 1-Hydroxyethyl 4,5-Diamind Pyrazole Sulate, Potassium Castorate, Ammonium . Polyacrylate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Linoleamidopropyl Pg-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Tetrasodium Edta, Decyl Glucoside, Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate 4-Amino-M-Cresol, Sodium Sulfite, Polyquaternium-2., Ascorbic Acid, Sili9ca, Parfum, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool.

Conditioner: Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Quaternium-87, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Pca, Polyquyaternium-37, Isopropyl Myristate, Panathenol., Propylene Glycol, Dicapprylate/Dicaprate, Distearoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosuleate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Prunus Armeniaca, Ceteareth-20, Glyceryl Stearate, Ppg-1 Trideceth-6, Citric Acid, Parfu8m, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Methyl Paraben, Cl 15985, Cl 16035

Shall we see what we can dig up?

I can see at least 4 ingredients that are scaring me already. Live Xxl are the pain of my life and make my life much harder. I think everyone should boycott swartazcopf and stop using their colors and products all together. 👎

OMG - I am not a hair geek but have used this product (I have red hair) thanks Geeks - I won't again!!

i'm not a geek (although i do have a chemistry degree so above mostly makes sent to me!) but i used to use XXL. doesn't last very long in my hair though. maybe 3-4 weeks and then it fades to blonde. I'm am so not a blonde person so i just put up with boring hair now.

i'm not a geek (although i do have a chemistry degree so above mostly makes sent to me!) but i used to use XXL. doesn't last very long in my hair though. maybe 3-4 weeks and then it fades to blonde. I'm am so not a blonde person so i just put up with boring hair now.

OOOOO this is really cheaky, but could you tell us all what these chemicals do, and what they are used for? I know a few of them like Silicone and Ammonium and Sodium Hydroxide xx

Interesting stuff x

Wow how many ingredients!!! We need a written up conclusion so we can all put it on our hair pages ;)

OOOOO this is really cheaky, but could you tell us all what these chemicals do, and what they are used for? I know a few of them like Silicone and Ammonium and Sodium Hydroxide xx

I was just thinking exactly the same!

Going to do my research! It's making peoples hair like cardboard for long enough! X

Ok not sure if this is right but this is an ingredients list for live xxl 35 Real Red

Developer: Aqua, Hydrogen Peroxde, Cetearyl Alcohol,Peg-40 Castpr Oil, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Disodium Pyrophosphate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Phosphoric Acid.

Color Creme: Aqua, Cetyl Alcohol, Ammonium Hydroxide,Oleth-7, Glyceryl Stearate,Decyl Olete, 1-Hydroxyethyl 4, 5-Diamino Pyrazole Sulfate.Potassium Oletate, 1-Hydroxyethyl 4,5-Diamind Pyrazole Sulate, Potassium Castorate, Ammonium . Polyacrylate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Linoleamidopropyl Pg-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Tetrasodium Edta, Decyl Glucoside, Toluene-2,5-Diamine Sulfate 4-Amino-M-Cresol, Sodium Sulfite, Polyquaternium-2., Ascorbic Acid, Sili9ca, Parfum, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool.

Conditioner: Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Quaternium-87, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Pca, Polyquyaternium-37, Isopropyl Myristate, Panathenol., Propylene Glycol, Dicapprylate/Dicaprate, Distearoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosuleate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Prunus Armeniaca, Ceteareth-20, Glyceryl Stearate, Ppg-1 Trideceth-6, Citric Acid, Parfu8m, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Methyl Paraben, Cl 15985, Cl 16035

Shall we see what we can dig up?

OK folks. Bring in the chemists. :D:D

I can see at least 4 ingredients that are scaring me already. Live Xxl are the pain of my life and make my life much harder. I think everyone should boycott swartazcopf and stop using their colors and products all together. 👎

which ones Nikki?

I use Schwartzkopf love the pro colours, i can even handle that they do otc colours and products as most of them do.

But the fact they make live xxl grates on me. I'm thinking of changing from them anyway (not just for this reason)

I'll sit over weekend and go through each ingredient!! X

please do id love to get all this info so i can scare clients into not using it :twisted:

I use Schwartzkopf love the pro colours, i can even handle that they do otc colours and products as most of them do.

But the fact they make live xxl grates on me. I'm thinking of changing from them anyway (not just for this reason)

Tigi Tigi Tigi!! It's fab! X

Latest posts

Back