Living social deals in the salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyxperts

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I've had living social visit myself in the salon, to discuss doing a deal with them, I listened to the pitch and at first thought ok, when they came back the deal I had said I would do they had changed, the rep then sent myself an email to sign the "e contract", now in the mean time I've changed my mins as it's not worth it, I don't have the staff & it won't make any money - I would be loosing money. I have just received any email tonight saying I have signed the e contract (I haven't) and basically welcome to your deal! Has anyone else had this happen? I'm getting the jist that the rep has signed it as if I have - which I'm not happy about! X

Hi Geeks,
I've had living social visit myself in the salon, to discuss doing a deal with them, I listened to the pitch and at first thought ok, when they came back the deal I had said I would do they had changed, the rep then sent myself an email to sign the "e contract", now in the mean time I've changed my mins as it's not worth it, I don't have the staff & it won't make any money - I would be loosing money. I have just received any email tonight saying I have signed the e contract (I haven't) and basically welcome to your deal! Has anyone else had this happen? I'm getting the jist that the rep has signed it as if I have - which I'm not happy about! X

You NEVER make any money on these deal sites, ever! If people think that, they need to think again.
What you do make, is a higher profile of your business, get loads of new clients through the door, some will re-book, some you can up sell other treatments to, and some will tell their friends!

It's a great way to advertise your business. Think of it as a marketing tool

How much do you spend on advertising? Obviously you want more clients through the door or you wouldn't of considered a voucher site. Use it to showcase your salon, room, even yourself. Make them want to come back again.

But you'll never make money from voucher sites.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

After that living social will get in touch with you. You can pull out of the advert at any time before you say approve. When they send your a proof don't approve it! Ring your rep and say you have changed your mind. I have done a few of these vouchers now on my quiet times. It gets clients through the door and gets your name about. I will do an offer with them for 3days in sept to cover sept oct and nov these are my quiet months. I may even do a voucher in December which people can buy as Xmas gifts however state they can not be used until jan xx

You NEVER make any money on these deal sites, ever! If people think that, they need to think again.
What you do make, is a higher profile of your business, get loads of new clients through the door, some will re-book, some you can up sell other treatments to, and some will tell their friends!

It's a great way to advertise your business. Think of it as a marketing tool

How much do you spend on advertising? Obviously you want more clients through the door or you wouldn't of considered a voucher site. Use it to showcase your salon, room, even yourself. Make them want to come back again.

But you'll never make money from voucher sites.

I actually didn't contact them the rep called myself, so I thought I'd see what it was about, I've used Wahanda before & found it a waste of time, so I thought I wouldn't do it again. However when the rep visited I agreed to do my quieter days (tues & weds only) when the offers could be used, I'm fully booked other days so just thought it would help fill my time & yes get my business name out there as advertising is expensive. But when the rep came back into my salon to go through the agreement her system wasn't working so she said shed email it to me, basically the offers & days were what I'd agreed to, but then it looks like she has signed the agreement without my knowledge (I definitely did not sign the e agreement as I was not happy with it). Anyway I've emailed them & the rep so I'll see what is said. X

Sorry I meant the offers & days were NOT what I'd agreed with the rep. X

Sorry I meant the offers & days were NOT what I'd agreed with the rep. X

Ohhhhhh I see! Ah! Not good! They shouldn't be signing stuff on your behalf, isn't that fraud?

Ohhhhhh I see! Ah! Not good! They shouldn't be signing stuff on your behalf, isn't that fraud?

Yes that's what I thought, I'm disheartened by it now and defo won't deal with them after this as I find it's untrustworthy, a shame as it was a good way to basically advertise cheaply! X

Latest posts

Back