Local Competitor has same website design

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

millyspook

Reaction score
Just looked at a competitors website (as you do) just to check what they are up to and they have changed their website to exactly the same style as mine. There is nothing I can do as its a free website hosting site so the templates are available to everyone, I guess that's where the problem is, but why can't some people just use their imagination and choose something different that sets them apart from the competition.

Honestly, some people are just sheep aren't they.

Yep, you're a bit pooped if they're using exactly the same template as you are. Hopefully the rest of their content is suitably different from yours!

Hi I would alter yours - depend on your server of course but even small changes like font colour/size?? A pain I know but...have you tried ringing the other salon and pointing out in a very friendly/helpful/thought you might like to know way that they have picked the same template as you - they might not even know???

if yr refering to my web site I think yr find my post from a few days a go as soon as I put it up you changed your site. Not once was I rude towards the person who had the same site as mine. But just pointed out that I had checked other sites before changeing mine and they were not the same. Maybe you should have done the same before you updated yours.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

if yr refering to my web site I think yr find my post from a few days a go as soon as I put it up you changed your site. Not once was I rude towards the person who had the same site as mine. But just pointed out that I had checked other sites before changeing mine and they were not the same. Maybe you should have done the same before you updated yours.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Hi sarajane. Yes I am referring to your site. My site has been up and running since beginning of September (the weebly one) and my other site (the webs one) was recently changed to a different colour scheme of purple to match the other site and my business cards, car signs etc.
I check your website regularly as I do with other competitors and it's does look as if it has recently changed. It's just a shame that's it's exactly the same as mine especially as we are local to each other and offer similar treatments. But, hey ho, that's the trouble with weebly websites . I will not be changing mine as it's ties in with all my other business literature.

This thread is a good example of having to be careful of what you say on here about a competitor. Everyone must always consider that the competitor, boss, employee may also use this site.

To be honest girls anyone using a free provider with templates can't expect anything else really. :wink2:

This thread is a good example of having to be careful of what you say on here about a competitor. Everyone must always consider that the competitor, boss, employee may also use this site.

To be honest girls anyone using a free provider with templates can't expect anything else really. :wink2:

And that is exactly what I said in my original post, not once did I accuse the other person of copying.

I've pm'd you Sara Jane.

http://www.salongeek.com/showthread.php?t=151248

Last edited:
just got it

I think this is a good place to close this thread!

It's also a reminder to us that what we say on here is available for everyone to see.

Here's hoping for a mutually happy conclusion to this, behind closed doors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back