Local nail salon mixing Creative glitter powders with Entity monomer.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fabulous

Reaction score
I thought you couldnt do this will there be any effects ?

It isn't recomended as it can lead to service breakdown.

I must admit that I have used polymers from one brand and monomer from another, there was no sign of problems (and as it's for colours that are changed at every app I can't say if there will be in the long run, but there probably will).

I ALWAYS make sure to layer a base from my chosen system (both polymer and monomer) and cap likewise. That way none of the mixed will be on the natural nail or direct exposed to sun etc.....

I know it's not advised, but I work mostly with OPI en whenever I make an blingbling fm I use the OPI monomer and the glitter I need even when it's from an other brand.
In the past 5 years I never had any problems with it.

Minette

its advised, but i don't think it really matters when it comes to art. If they were doing an entire nail and mixing systems it might not work as well. maybe break down faster or something. I use powders from all different systems when it comes to art because not all systems have the stuff i want. but on a daily basis no i wouldn't mix systems.

Sadly a lot of salons mix this that and the other.

Using systems isn't a gimick that the nail companies put out, it the best way to find success! You get the best product performance when you use a system and you have the technical help of the manufacturer should you ever need it.

When I first trully comprehended the importance of systems and started moving toward being systemized there was a huge improvement in my nails!

There may or may not be an adverse reaction when you cherry pick or mix and match, but why stake your professional reputation on it? I think my thoughts may have wandered about a bit sorry, I just believe in it so fully I can hardly express it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you couldnt do this will there be any effects ?

One can do anything if one wants to be silly. :rolleyes:

As for people who say they have mixed systems with no ill effects I an only say ... what were you expecting the ill effects to be??? And how do you know there weren't any?

Most of the ill effects that would come form mixing systems would not be immediately visible to the naked eye, but that does not mean they are not happening all the same.

The top and bottom of it is that although any monomer and any polymer will make some sort of plastic ... it will not have the properties the manufacturer promises and therefore results will not be guaranteed nor will any claim against your business be covered by your insurance. Those things alone should make one do the intelligent thing ... but then if you listen to the public's perception of nail technicians, not many nail techs are known for their intelilgence are they? (Mixers just think they are being clever). They're not. But of course they like to think they know better than all the industry experts don't they?

Latest posts

Back