Long lasting nail polish and top coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoloHoney

Reaction score
Hi everyone, apologies if this seems like a daft question but I'm a complete newby to this. I'm currently doing a manicure and pedicure course and also booked in for some Shellac training next month.

I'm practicing manicures on family and friends (using regular polish from my collection until I find a decent brand) but I'm really struggling with finding a decent quick drying top coat. I've been using Nina Pro from Sallys but it takes forever to dry although it seems to last around 5 days before chipping but my test clients are getting marks on their nails within the first few hours. I'm currently wearing pro on one hand and butter london on the other which dried amazingly quick but started chipping and cracking within a couple of days.

I want to give my clients a long lasting manicure so they come back again.

All advice gratefully received ..... thanks in advance :)

Sent from my SM-T310 using SalonGeek mobile app

Vinylux all the way! You need to use the colour and top coat but it's amazing! And requires no base coat which is a bonus :) xx

Thank you xx

Another for Vinylux - dries in 8.5 min, super shiny, stays for at least a week. I have a client who got 4 weeks out of it! The longer it's on the harder it is to come off though, it's by far the best nail polish I've ever tried x

Felicity xx

And another Vinylux vote. Also, if your going to be offering shellac anyway you would be daft to go with anything else as Vinylux color matches with a lot of the shellac shades! I used to use orly but since bringing in Vinylux at the end of last year, my regular polish client base has trebled, it really is fantastic!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'd say Vinylux too but if you want to use your other polishes I like 'Out the Door' topcoat

Thank you everyone. Vinylux will definitely be on my list. Will try Out the Door too. Can't wait to get qualified x

I use China Glaze First & Last. It can last upto a week on me and it doesn't take overly long to dry.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks, I think they do that at Sallys so will buy a bottle n test it out

Hi

when I first started I really loved China Glaze the finish was great... so long as it didn't get smudged!
But then I learned about Vinylux and I just wouldn't choose any other now I love how fast it dried as well as giving a nice shine and stays on too!

I vote Vinylux all the way, truly an amazing product.

Karaxxx

I'm a Vinylux convert and can highly recommend it.

I love Vinylux too.

If it's just a fast drying top coat that you want, try Lumos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do you guys get your vinylux from?

Sweet Squared or Ellisons.

Karaxxx

If you search Vinylux on here you can get an idea of the brand, there's so many pictures of it, it really does look gorgeous and shiny xx

Thanks everyone xx

Hi there im just wondering if I can use cuccio with vinylux top coat will this last ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back