Long lasting top coat needes SOS!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katinara

Reaction score
Hello to you all! I am very very new here and in business too... My problem is that i can not make my french lasts more than a two days long and it is a maximum! I am searching for ways to make it lasts more so i found comments about AIRSHEILD (NSI product) which says that lasts more than two weeks. Sooo i tried but after 2 DAYS (again - i guess i am cursed) it becomes to chip of in pieces. What i do wrong or may you suggest me another way or top coat or a way with silk tricks or gel...
Please help!
Katrina:cry:

Are you working on natural nails or on top of enhancements??

Always natural! Thank you so much for reply!!!!:lol:

Hi hun!
What is your prep like?
Are you using base coat? How many coats of white do you apply?
What is your procedure?

Hello!
Well my procedure is very simple. I use pink ridge filler as a base coat, then i put Orly French on the tips (1 coat), then i use Rimmel French (pink) and then a top coat. And i mean ANY topcoat i use i have 2 days result...

Ok!
Here is what I do, I thoroughly prep the nail plate and I use Scrubfresh to ensure there are no natural oils or debris left on the nail plate. I apply my Stickey base coat, then I apply my french pink, then two coats of white, and then I apply one coat of Super Shiney top coat and one coat of spedy top coat.
Perhaps it is not the top coat that you are using hun, maybe it is the enamel that you are using to apply your white tips! Have you tried changing that?

HTH

Hi
I agree with the comments made by the other ladies. Airshield is only for enhancements not natural nails. Polish does not last on natural nails (it can be kept if you apply topcoat every other day) Polish does not last b/c we use are hands, they go into water (the nail expands when wet and polish does not so when you nails are nails the polish chips)
I do not if i have explain this 100% correctly maybe other can help you too

Actually, i did tryed to change but i found Orly's white is the best white ever (for me - i am a silly starter). Which brand is the best by your opinion? And how can i use silk to prolong french?

I always used to chip my nail enamel on natural nails but now I have enhancements I apply supershiny topcoat and it lasts as long as the nails do. I maybe reapply once a week when tidying my nails up but thats all.

Try Seche Vite................that's very popular with salons and clients.

i would stick to using your brands base,polish and top coat as they are designed to work the best together.

Has anyone tried the CND UV Dry topcoat? I know you need a UV lamp to dry it but that's what I'm planning on using for my natural nail manicures.

Latest posts

Back