Look at the reply I got-Shellac!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilyloukatiekoo

Reaction score
MY QUESTION
Hi could you tell me if this is CND shellac?
Thanks

Hi,
No unfortuntly I don't use CND however it's all the same products they just have difference names they all do the same job...

Saw an add on local net mums offering shellac for £25 hands and feet
I asked the above question and was a little shocked at the response I got! Really!! :eek:

it could be just a different brand hun, in our salon we use gellux, which is exactly the same as shellac but just a different name, id ask them what brand it is they use. Theres allsorts of different brands ou there that are hardened polishes, alot f salons use different brands.
xx

Hiyas

Just want to say gellux and shellac are not the same, I use both and shellac is a power polish and gellux is a gel polish, they are definitely not the same thing and shouldn't be marketed as the same. Both have there place but are different.

I have a few places round me that say they do shellac and when you ask they are different types of gel polish, some known like gelish, opi, gellux others that we won't bother talking about.

it could be just a different brand hun, in our salon we use gellux, which is exactly the same as shellac but just a different name, id ask them what brand it is they use. Theres allsorts of different brands ou there that are hardened polishes, alot f salons use different brands.
xx

Errrrr no it's not. It's no wonder the public are confused when even the nail techs don't know their products!
What made you think that?

Bangs head against wall...

If you banged your head up the wall everytime someone posted something wrong, you'd not be able to post at all.
You need to change what you bang your head up. I'd suggest something softer :)
Maybe go and have a stiff drink. May I suggest..............yes you've guessed it, a Harvey wallbanger :lol:

If you banged your head up the wall everytime someone posted something wrong, you'd not be able to post at all.
You need to change what you bang your head up. I'd suggest something softer :)
Maybe go and have a stiff drink. May I suggest..............yes you've guessed it, a Harvey wallbanger :lol:

That was very clever use of words haha! X

I'd love one but I'm orf the booze at the mo. Grr!

xx

If you have ever tried to remove both products you would soon see they are not exactly the same with a different name!!!! Shellac removes easily and you need a pneumatic drill to remove Gellux!

Errrrr no it's not. It's no wonder the public are confused when even the nail techs don't know their products!
What made you think that?

Omg how true!

Could be done for false advertising!

xx

Ok so I know this has already been said but REALLY?!

They are tow totally different products. One is a gel and one is a Power polish.

No wonder clients get so easily confused when a tech isnt sure of her own products!
Argh

Where's that wall everyone's banging their head on, I am coming to join you!
Oh and to the OP:

There are plenty of products out there which will give you a similar finish to Shellac, some may even act the same way and some of them are in their own right fabulous products but it sounds like rather than using a different product such as Gellux, Geleration etc this girl is offering counterfeit Shellac. Dont touch it with a barge pole.

It isnt tested in the same way Shellac is so no body knows about any reactions etc it could cause, it isnt a power polish like Shellac and is most likely applied incorrectly given that the tech doesnt even know the difference I doubt she/he is aware of the difference in applying.

Good luck hunting.

If you have ever tried to remove both products you would soon see they are not exactly the same with a different name!!!! Shellac removes easily and you need a pneumatic drill to remove Gellux!

funny u say that cause when we soak gellux in gellux remover, it comes straight off? ive never used a drill in my life on anybodys nails, if im being told that the brand is the same shellac then speak to a representative of the company thenm because thats what ive been told.....if im wrong shoot me!

If that's what your being told by the company supplying you Gellux then you are being misinformed.

I use Gellux and love the product and its fab for toes which I tend to use it more on now as changing my gel polish brand, but when you use Shellac you do notice how different they are, you have to try it to realise.

If you do a search on here about shellac you will read so much.

I am sorry but I do not believe that Gellux would tell you that they are the same as Shellac.

They would market their own product in its own right surely.

However this information has come to you it is wholly wrong and you need to have a look into it so that you are not trading off of Shellac's reputation and effectively duping your customers.

From what I know Gellux is a good product but it is a different product.

funny u say that cause when we soak gellux in gellux remover, it comes straight off? ive never used a drill in my life on anybodys nails, if im being told that the brand is the same shellac then speak to a representative of the company thenm because thats what ive been told.....if im wrong shoot me!

It's very worrying that a representative of Gellux is saying this.
Shellac is a well-known brand and a lot of people are claiming they are using shellac when they are using something else. If your representative told you this then I would report them as it's incorrect.

That would be enough for me to change brands to be honest!

If they are (incorrectly) having to use other brands to advertise themselves and explain what the product is (even though Shellac is TOTALLY different) then IMO their not worth dealing with. I want the reps to explain to me what the products are like, bang on to me about how good they are etc, not just piggy back the name of another well known brand!!!

OP - does sound like she's using a copy of Shellac. If not, then she obviously doesn't know enough about the product she is using and trying to pass it off as something it's not, so I'd personally steer clear anyway hun

Xxx

I am CND shellac trained so am aware that the reply was completely wrong

The advert was offering shellac for 15 or 25 hands and feet with a full range of co ours and lots of neons which sent alarm bells off
I just replied to see if it was cnd as I'm not aware of any neons

Have asked which brand so wait and see....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back