Looking for advice and a supplier for nail products.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnD

Reaction score
Is there a large supplier of nail products in the UK that people could recommend?

Also i saw something like this on ebay. Does this look like a good deal or should i stick to proper shop suppliers?

** link removed **

Sorry for the stupid questions but i'm clueless and out of my depth here :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a large supplier of nail products in the UK that people could recommend?

Also i saw something like this on ebay. Does this look like a good deal or should i stick to proper shop suppliers?

** link removed **

Sorry for the stupid questions but i'm clueless and out of my depth here :confused:

Are the products you are thinking of buying for personal use?

Last edited by a moderator:
what products are you wanting in paticular?

A word of warning. Anything purchased from Ebay will not be supported by the authorised distributors. I think I speak for us all. You risk buying fakes, redundant stock, possible returns etc. Can be more expensive in the long run.

There is also the ethical view of supporting the authorised nail industry

Are the products you are thinking of buying for personal use?

No they will eventually be used for customers. At first i will be practising on my partner and other victims. But i would just like to find a system that is reliable and stick with it at the same time i don't want to pay for an expensive over hyped product when there is something just as good but cheaper.

what products are you wanting in paticular?
At the moment i'm doing a Gel course because i want to incorporate it into my art. So i'm looking for anything to do with gel nails, any kind of art products and enhancements, especially interested in the striping brushes and paints and any water base acrylics paints that are good for airbrushing.

At the moment i'm doing a Gel course because i want to incorporate it into my art. So i'm looking for anything to do with gel nails, any kind of art products and enhancements, especially interested in the striping brushes and paints and any water base acrylics paints that are good for airbrushing.

What Gel system are you using on your course?
If you are getting on fine with it and having good results then why not stick with it?
Not all Gel systems are the same, and when you change brands is it normally best to do a Conversion Course with the new system. Also most companies prefer you use their lamp, so changing brands could be more costly than you think.:rolleyes:
It is always best to search out the best products first, then train with them, most good distributors run training for their products, and then you not only have good training and products, but you then have a good relstionship with your supplier and technical support when required.

Hi Izzie

i've just returned from my final day of the course. As it's my very first time using any kind of nail system i couldnt tell if its a good system or bad because i have nothing to compare it to.

The product is called Daniela Ponzio! I cant be too sure but i think what this person has done is source a product and put their own label on the bottles. That was one of the reasons i was enquiring about a reliable system, a company that is consistent and stands by its products. If this person stops selling the product then i'll have to start from scratch, looking for a reliable system. i'd rather start as i mean to go on.

Here's a link to their site
NAIL EXTENSION - Gel uv
Afraid it's in Italian though.

there are many big brands with there pros n cons i use nsi balance for gel but then again if i use gels for nailart i use ibd as i bought pretty big kit of coloured gels etc for £200 but then down side is that ibd jet lamp is £300
maybe put a pic up of the gel your using someone may identify the container, when i trained as a beautician i did a distance learn course and to practice i bought cheap stuff of ebay and let me tell you its utter rubbish as the gel always cracked and gave a burning sensation under the lamp, so i bought a full kit of nsi balance and found it fantastic to work with and my work looked a million times better plus when i sent my work of to be marker evern my tutors had commented on the quality, best thing to do shop around

I bought a £35 kit from ebay, thought it was great and couldn't wait to try it out...what a disaster, arcylic wouldn't mix properly, as for the get well it just wouldn't cure under my lamp. Everyone is different and everyone has their own products favs.
Ezflow
NSI
These 2 are really good to work with, some NSI items on ebay are fake though, the product is not good to work with, best buying your first products from salon services and then maybe ebay as there are a few genuine sellers with the real deal.

Well I know for CERTAIN there are a couple of sellers on Ebay selling redundant/returns. Top coat has gone yellow..and bottles half full etc :mad:

Are we allowed to name and shame?

Latest posts

Back