Looking for course similar to CND 'Build It' with LED soak off builder gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perrenialpear

Reaction score
I am qualified to use gel polish, (trained with Nail Harmony in 2012) but want to add to my skills and be able to add length by sculpting with a soak off gel, which would be good for clients who accidentally break a nail but want to leave with the 'perfect 10' as it states on the CND Build It Brisa Lite course.

I would book on to the CND course if my system was compatible, but I use mainly Gelish and have the Gelish 18g lamp, not the CND lamp.

I am not interested in training in L&P or hard gel enhancements at this moment in time, as my client base does not require it. So I am wondering if any of the distributors of the new LED soak off gels (Gel ll Skyscraper, IZ Gel or NSI Secrets) can offer a course on sculpting a tip that can then be soaked off with the gel polish? Would my Gelish lamp be compatible? If not then I may as well buy the CND UV lamp and do the course with them.

Any help or information by educators who could offer training with any soak off builder gel would be welcome. I am based in Maidstone, Kent and would consider 1 to 1 training if anyone can offer this. Thank you.

Just out of curiosity, why LED?

FWIW, there is a CND LED light coming out in May.

LED because I already have an LED lamp, and Brisa Lite is UV cured isn't it? Otherwise I would consider the CND course but don't want to buy a new lamp.

I am qualified to use gel polish, (trained with Nail Harmony in 2012) but want to add to my skills and be able to add length by sculpting with a soak off gel, which would be good for clients who accidentally break a nail but want to leave with the 'perfect 10' as it states on the CND Build It Brisa Lite course.

I would book on to the CND course if my system was compatible, but I use mainly Gelish and have the Gelish 18g lamp, not the CND lamp.

I am not interested in training in L&P or hard gel enhancements at this moment in time, as my client base does not require it. So I am wondering if any of the distributors of the new LED soak off gels (Gel ll Skyscraper, IZ Gel or NSI Secrets) can offer a course on sculpting a tip that can then be soaked off with the gel polish? Would my Gelish lamp be compatible? If not then I may as well buy the CND UV lamp and do the course with them.

Any help or information by educators who could offer training with any soak off builder gel would be welcome. I am based in Maidstone, Kent and would consider 1 to 1 training if anyone can offer this. Thank you.

Have you contacted the distributors for the product ranges you mention to see what training they offer in your area?

Last edited:
LED because I already have an LED lamp, and Brisa Lite is UV cured isn't it? Otherwise I would consider the CND course but don't want to buy a new lamp.

LED cures products by producing UV light, its just in a shorter, more intense wavelength so it is more "finicky". If your goal is to avoid buying a new lamp, stick to the brand whose lamp you have. Intermixing lamps and systems is asking for problems.

Hi, I'm an educator for TCBG and gel II, skyscraper building gel and if you do a course with us hun you would need to buy the kit and lamp.

Maz101 I'm in the same position as perrenialpear. I've looked at the skyscraper course but it says I need to have a uv hard gel qualification already, which I don't have. Will I need to pay to do a course before I can do the skyscraper course. I'm just interested in using skyscraper builder gel, seems an expensive and long winded way for me to get round to training with gel II. X

Maz101 I'm in the same position as perrenialpear. I've looked at the skyscraper course but it says I need to have a uv hard gel qualification already, which I don't have. Will I need to pay to do a course before I can do the skyscraper course. I'm just interested in using skyscraper builder gel, seems an expensive and long winded way for me to get round to training with gel II. X

I don't work for TCBG but I do belive there is a begginers Skyscraper gel course in the works and due soon so maybe give them a ring or pop them an email

That would be perfect! I'll
Ring them on Monday. Thank
you Sugar_Girl x

Latest posts

Back