Looking for some advice regarding beginner nail courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurawoodward

Reaction score
Hello

I am currently pregnant and thinking about some business opportunity ideas working from home. I have always been interested in beauty and wondered if anyone could please advise me. I want to attend a training course and thought I could start off with doing a nail course, I would be interested in doing a CND shellac course but do I need to do a manicure/pedicure course first? Could anyone advise some good training courses/places in Dorset, I live in Bournemouth/Poole area but happy to drive to a different location within reasonable distance if course is more recommended in that area. I'm confused with all the options online and not sure where to start? Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Laura

Hi Laura,

I am in exactly the same position as you! I am looking at doing a Gelish course and you can be a complete beginner and have no experience. I'm sure it will be the same with most other brands too?

As for other courses to do I recommend the beauty academy. I know they are based in Milton Keynes but have many training centres around the UK and are very flexible with dates etc. I haven't booked anything with them as yet because of my job but I plan to. I know someone who did it through them and highly recommended them to me.

Good luck with everything :)

Sam

Hi Laura,

I am in exactly the same position as you! I am looking at doing a Gelish course and you can be a complete beginner and have no experience. I'm sure it will be the same with most other brands too?

As for other courses to do I recommend the beauty academy. I know they are based in Milton Keynes but have many training centres around the UK and are very flexible with dates etc. I haven't booked anything with them as yet because of my job but I plan to. I know someone who did it through them and highly recommended them to me.

Good luck with everything :)

Sam

Thank you for your advice Sam, good luck to you too. I will take a look at the beauty academy. I didn't know if you had to do a manicure course beforehand as some websites have said that but maybe it's not necessarily a requirement! Xx

https://my.sweetsquared.com/education/locations

If you look on the Map view, you can find your nearest training centres. If the course you want is full or timings aren't suitable, look for another centre nearby.

Thank you, I did actually look on sweet squared online and saw there was a training centr in Hampshire not too far from me but I couldn't see a manicure/pedicure course on the website? Or can I just do a shellac course?

Thank you for your help xx

Shellac beginners covers manicure I believe. I did my nvq and didn't do pedicure only manicure. I ended up paying and doing a separate pedicure course with CND and I have never actually used any of my pedicure training in salon! I think CND shellac beginners would be a good place to start though. Also in the Bournemouth area you have the creative beauty group and they offer beginners courses in gel ll which is a 2 step system and is amazing! La Palm Manicure and pedicure they have loads of different options for beginners and the ladies are lovely! Xx

Hi Laura, I'm also pregnant and now newly qualified in manicure and gel polish. I've just set up my own business, seems a bit crazy with a little one on the way, but I thought why not! My daughter loves helping and getting her nails done too!!

I done my gel polish course with Next Step Beauty, they are based all over UK. And I'm currently training with them in gel extensions.

I did my manicure course with my local college have you tried looking st yours? If you are eligible for ILA (which I was), you will get it for free. My local college also do the gel polish, acrylics etc aswell but I would've had to do a night class due to other commitments and not enough time before baba arrives, but they have day courses too! That's why i opted for a beauty school for the follow up courses. Otherwise college would've been the way for me!

It's worth a look :)

Good luck X

Shellac beginners covers manicure I believe. I did my nvq and didn't do pedicure only manicure. I ended up paying and doing a separate pedicure course with CND and I have never actually used any of my pedicure training in salon! I think CND shellac beginners would be a good place to start though. Also in the Bournemouth area you have the creative beauty group and they offer beginners courses in gel ll which is a 2 step system and is amazing! La Palm Manicure and pedicure they have loads of different options for beginners and the ladies are lovely! Xx
Thank you for your advice, yes I have looked at the creative beauty group and saw the beginners gel course which could be an option.there are just so many courses and information about it gets confusing! I will do some more research and maybe contact the course tutors.

Thank you, Laura xx

Hi Laura, I'm also pregnant and now newly qualified in manicure and gel polish. I've just set up my own business, seems a bit crazy with a little one on the way, but I thought why not! My daughter loves helping and getting her nails done too!!

I done my gel polish course with Next Step Beauty, they are based all over UK. And I'm currently training with them in gel extensions.

I did my manicure course with my local college have you tried looking st yours? If you are eligible for ILA (which I was), you will get it for free. My local college also do the gel polish, acrylics etc aswell but I would've had to do a night class due to other commitments and not enough time before baba arrives, but they have day courses too! That's why i opted for a beauty school for the follow up courses. Otherwise college would've been the way for me!

It's worth a look :)

Good luck X
Ah congratulations on your pregnancy, exciting times ahead! I'm pregnant with twins!

Thank you for your advice, I will take a look at next step beauty. Yes I have looked at courses at a local college but the cost is really expensive and I'm not sure if I'm eligible for reduced fee.

Congrats on setting up your own business too, where did you buy all your kit from?

Good luck xx

Hello

I am currently pregnant and thinking about some business opportunity ideas working from home. I have always been interested in beauty and wondered if anyone could please advise me. I want to attend a training course and thought I could start off with doing a nail course, I would be interested in doing a CND shellac course but do I need to do a manicure/pedicure course first? Could anyone advise some good training courses/places in Dorset, I live in Bournemouth/Poole area but happy to drive to a different location within reasonable distance if course is more recommended in that area. I'm confused with all the options online and not sure where to start? Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Laura
yes hun you do need to do a manicure pedicure court before you can do this phoenix college is a good place in chelmsford for this x

Latest posts

Back