Looking for work, any help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dilly_doo

Reaction score
helloo,
well basically im looking for part-time work in a salon while im at college studying my level 3, i work in a salon already but i do nothing but clean! i have been ringing around everywhere and havent heard anything from any of them or they say theyll ring me back and then dont.
im very confident with treatments and was wondering if anyone has any advice?? thanks xxx:green:

Put an advert on gum tree stating exactly what you are looking for.This is how i got my job.I had loads of people emailing me!!
xxx

You can also place a free looking for work ad on Beautyguild.com. Click here to submit your ad.

this is what ive put in the advert at beaut guild:

I have recently qualified at NVQ level 2 Beauty Therapy and i am currently studying for my level 3 qualification. I am looking for work in salons in the manchester/salford area where i can develop as a therapist and learn new skills. I am 18 years old, hard-working, realiable and eager to learn.

please let me know what you think.
thanks geeks!
xxxx

Hi

i rent rooms now above a hairdressers but was mobile before then.

put your ad in loads of places this will give you more of a chance of a reply.

to be very honest with you us beauty therapists have it really hard.

I find if you dont have any work experience while you are training then its very difficult to get work once you have qualified, most of the salons just say what work experience do you have, if you dont have any at all apart from the training you have had at college you are usually stuffed basically.

I hope something comes your way soon, if not go self employed like most of us end up doing:)

Good luck

thankyou for your advice

yeah i eventually want to have my own business and be self employed but i dont want to go out into industry having no experience or client base.

ive spoken to one of my tutors and shes told to ask around the other tutors and try at beauty counters..

xxxx

Darlin' I wish I could help you out but can't. I am not too far away from you so will keep an eye out for anything that comes up. Actually, there may be somethin coming up that I know about in Partington, that too far away for you?

partington...hmm well i work in didsbury at the mo so maybe. is it near eccles?

Latest posts

Back