Looking to up date/change our retail and maybe our colour range

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forever21

Reaction score
We are looking at maybe changing our retail and colour ranges we currently have Paul Mitchell as our colour and higher price point retail and Osmo as our cheaper retail. Recently, we have found that we are getting less help from our Paul Mitchell rep and have found out they have a connection with (owns?) a salon in the next town (maybe a conflict of interests). Also, the retail seems to be going up all the time and clients are moving to the Osmo range and they seem to be price-conscious. We would want a cruelty-free and ideally vegan (or at least vegetarian with some vegan) range - I have looked at ASP Kitoko and Insight (bit pricey for our clients) also, IQ (feel this is a little cheap and very much like Osmo). Any ideas or comments welcome.

i've actually been hearing a lot of negatives with Paul Mitchell. A lot of the Aussie girls have swapped to things like Wella. My old Salons rep was Amazing. Wella is not vegan. In fact their mother company Proctor and Gramble sells in china which has had a history in requiring animal testing by law.

Now if you want a really awesome vegan brand Aveda is great. However you need to mix every thing. You don't exactly get a 10/3 or anything. You have to mix the 10 and the gold together manually. But you get used to it. The salon that I worked at that used that was amazingly educated and from my knowledge Aveda was very educational and responsive. It's just you need to relearn mixing.

De lorenzo is also vegan and their colours are amazing. Their colour shampoos can be drying however. But they are an amazing company.

I do beleive Nak is also vegan however I have never used it before excluding one trial (weirdest salon ever but in a cool way). I hear good things and do love their shampoos. They do have colour masks if you like things like your bright fashion colours.

Hope that helps. I know a lot of brands.

Thank you very helpful ;-)

Latest posts

Back